Not letting me factory reset my windows 8 computer

Deadsmoke

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
i do everything it tells me to. i got to setting and go to general and click remove everything and reinstall Windows and click next from there it and it says preparing for a while and then it pops up "there was a problem reseting your PC no changes were made" and there is a little option that says "check for solution for this problem" i click it it tries to search for a problem and then it just exits itself out.

Solution
Are you using the refresh feature? If you have the CD, then like blupoizon said that's the easiest way to fix it. If you want, you can try checking your pc health and repairing it using windows power shell:
http://m.kapilarya.com/fix-do-inbox-corruption-repair-using-dism-in-windows-8
Just carefully type the instructions and follow it line by line. It helped with some corrupt images in my system just last night. I'm not sure if this will allow you to work the way you are trying but it shouldn't hurt. Let us know if it worked! Best of luck to you!

Thanks,

Justin S.

jnewegger23

Distinguished
Are you using the refresh feature? If you have the CD, then like blupoizon said that's the easiest way to fix it. If you want, you can try checking your pc health and repairing it using windows power shell:
http://m.kapilarya.com/fix-do-inbox-corruption-repair-using-dism-in-windows-8
Just carefully type the instructions and follow it line by line. It helped with some corrupt images in my system just last night. I'm not sure if this will allow you to work the way you are trying but it shouldn't hurt. Let us know if it worked! Best of luck to you!

Thanks,

Justin S.

Solution

Deadsmoke

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014

so what i do is pop in the CD that came with the computer and then what?? im gonna have to wait until i find it, i know i put it up somewhere but im not sure where but what happens when i put in the CD?

jnewegger23

Distinguished
Before answering your new question, did you try the link I sent you? Your new question gives me no indication. If you pop in the cd, if your at default settings it should boot the cd to do a fresh install which should work but you'll lose everything you've put on your cpu.

beckiewalls19x

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014

did you ever find out how to do it as I also have this problem and have no CD to put in?

clburkheimer

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

i do everything i am told everything the support people tell me and i dont even have a CD drive so i can not re-install it with a disc. I have the exact same problem and nothing i do works i cant refresh or reset, and my windows store does not work either

esgonta

Reputable
Jan 7, 2015
@Justin

Hey Justin, so I am currently having the same problem as this guy and I tried doing those commands but it didn't work. I've been trying everything I can think of but no luck at all, do you think you could pm me or email me and help me out with this?? I need a life saver lol

jnewegger23

Distinguished

Why don't you start a new thread and list in detail your particular situation then pm me the link. Note: I am very busy this month and am only on the forums on a weekly basis at this point.

kenchmaster

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015

kenchmaster

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015
there is the final nswer to all these problems of this type and that is to go into your kitchen and run the hot tap untill the sink is full and then get your laptop and hold it under the hot water and that will remove the virus that keeps your laptop from resetting it to factory settings...you see you have to drown the nasty virus and the plug it into the mains yours kench

Xandour

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
I faced the same problem and the solution to this was quite simple.
The error was caused because i was selection to wipe all the drives.
On my laptop there was a reserved space on the disk by Lenovo (a small SSD for fast booting) which appears to be locked.
When i excluded that drive from the wipe selection the process completed normally.
Hope this helps

Nick_5

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
Well windows 10 isnt really bugged like the setting glitch but there is no need to put a disk in you computer all you have to do is go in the setting click on the stitch back to 8.1 and if you doing the wipe that could take hours. Don't do it sense you have windows 10 on it and do the fast reset. Well I hope this fixes your computer and anyone else's

TRENDING THREADS