Question Not loading windows from ssd drive

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Hi I have an issue.

I have windows 10 v 1903 and I have a sandisk 1tb ssd and I'm not able to boot into windows with it. when I go into the bios in the bios section of my gigabyte z37 aorus gaming 7 motherboard I have to have the first boot device set to the windows boot manager and in parenthases after windows boot manager in parenthasis (sandisk ssd SDSSDH31024G) and this is the only drive that I can boot into windows from I can't do it straight from the (C) Which is the sandisk) Just before I get into windows 10 it goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor. So I'm wondering how I can boot straight from the ssd and not the boot manager booting from the ssd is so much faster I have seen this already. I just couldn't boot all the way into windows 10. Like I said black screen with a blinking cursor I'm wondering if I need to change fromn uefi to leagcy or something like that in the bios the only other partition I guess that I have just before the c drive showing in disk managment is a 100 mb healthy efi system partition. So I'm not sure if deleting that would fix the problem by maybe getting rid of the windows boot manager.

Any help would be great thank you!!
Kinnyr90

Windows Boot Manager - is booting from SSD. It's just a fancy name for UEFI boot mode.
There is no issue and nothing to fix.

Regular boot entry (sandisk without Windows Boot Manager) - is for legacy boot. Since your windows is installed in UEFI mode, legacy mode will not be operational.
To boot in legacy mode - this would require repartitioning of your SSD and reinstalling windows in legacy mode.

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Windows Boot Manager - is booting from SSD. It's just a fancy name for UEFI boot mode.
There is no issue and nothing to fix.

Regular boot entry (sandisk without Windows Boot Manager) - is for legacy boot. Since your windows is installed in UEFI mode, legacy mode will not be operational.
To boot in legacy mode - this would require repartitioning of your SSD and reinstalling windows in legacy mode.
Okay but isn't booting directly from the ssd going to be faster. Or would it not be enough to actually notice a difference. Is the difference in speed if any worth Repartitioning? and reinstalling with legacy mode?