[SOLVED] Not pinging with only one server

savinda.missaka

Prominent
Mar 29, 2018
Hi,

In my office, users log into the payroll server(2008R2) remotely,server has several user logins for users, one windows 7 user cant work continuously in the payroll server remotely,his connection keep disconnecting from the server,cannot ping to the server from the computer and vise versa, though it disconnects from the payroll server, it can be pinged to the other computers in the network and other servers and also get remote logins to others.what may be the problem,

*server network connection is fine as other users can login
*mentioned windows 7 computer's network also fine as it can ping to other computers in the network.
*problem is only these two devices not communicating.

please provide me a solution.

Solution
No error messages, pop-up windows, log entries...?

This: "one windows 7 user cant work continuously in the payroll server remotely,his connection keep disconnecting from the server".

So if it does work at some times then I would suspect a physical disconnect.

However, if the disconnects occur only during certain time ranges then there may be some misconfiguration that blocks or restricts remote user access.

You/remote user must find the source/location of the disconnections.

Could be between user's computer and user's network router.
Could be between user's router and user's ISP.
Could be between user's ISP and somewhere along the way to the payroll server.

The remote user may be able to check the router's logs (if available...

Ralston18

Titan
No error messages, pop-up windows, log entries...?

This: "one windows 7 user cant work continuously in the payroll server remotely,his connection keep disconnecting from the server".

So if it does work at some times then I would suspect a physical disconnect.

However, if the disconnects occur only during certain time ranges then there may be some misconfiguration that blocks or restricts remote user access.

You/remote user must find the source/location of the disconnections.

Could be between user's computer and user's network router.
Could be between user's router and user's ISP.
Could be between user's ISP and somewhere along the way to the payroll server.

The remote user may be able to check the router's logs (if available and enabled) for error codes on that end.
The remote user should call user's ISP to have connections checked on user's end.,

The applicable admin persons should look at the payroll server's logs to determine if there are any errors related to remote user being disconnected.

Solution