Question not reaching max download

Altom_

Reputable
Dec 18, 2020
I currently have 500mbps internet recently got it on all other devices i reach around 500 mark But for whatever reason i only get 130mbps on PC
currently using

adapter: Tenda PH5 AV1000
Ethernet cable: Akake Cat 8 Ethernet Cable
MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 Motherboard Intel ethernet controller
i don't see any power saving options in advance settings and Speed&duplex is at 2.5GBPS

any help would be fantastic thank you!

Although not your problem the so called "cat8" cable you have is a likely a fake. These cables are only used in data centers where they need 40gbit copper connects. Most times you see them cost about $50 so you are not going to get real ones on amazon.
They are better than those flat cables which are also fakes. At least yours have 26awg wire which is closer to the minimum size of 24.

You need nothing better than cat5e that is pure copper wire with wire size 22-24. Buying so called "better" cables will not make things run faster or better.

Your problem is you are using powerline networks to connect to your router. It greatly depends on the house you have them in but 130mbps is pretty much what is a average rate people get. If you have coax wires in your room and the room with the router you can use MoCA. That can get full gigabit speeds.

Altom_

Reputable
Dec 18, 2020
By the way thanks for posting as much as you did many people would not have included the tenda line which save lots of back and forth posts.
alright thank you very much for the info i'll see what i can do with it in the morning and yea i thought ideal it be best to give as much info i can possibly give to save time.
once again thank you!