Not sure if my motherboard or CPU is broken. Page fault in non paged area

e.eldridge04spam

Prominent
Feb 22, 2018
My PC kept getting Bsods of page fault in non paged area. I did Abit of research and found this could resalt in a ram fault or hardware issue. So I had a spare Mobo and CPU so I put the ram in there and booted it up and strangely it was fine no crashes blue screen s, it was perfect so all I could think now is it could the the ram slot on the Mobo which is broken or something else

CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengence
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 2.0
PSU: Corsair CX600 600w
Storage: 1 TB WD Blue
Case:

Solution

Its your money but considering the issue and the testing we have done they are going to charge you to tell you the same thing, you need a new motherboard.

smashjohn

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017

The QVL is in the link I sent (Qualified Vendor List). This is the list of RAM modules that are tested to work with your motherboard. Other RAM modules may work, and some may require tweaking in the bios settings for voltage, timing, and bandwidth. You'll need to know your RAM kit's part number to check it against the list.

It it's on the list, you shouldn't be having these issues. If It's not on the list, then they probably just need some tuning. Running them at stock speeds or loosening timings usually resolves things. Can you find your RAM kit's part number? This would help us suggest specific tweaks that could resolve your issue.

smashjohn

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
Use only the 2x4 or 1x8 for testing - Your problem may be that you can't run mixed-mode since the 2x4 are different than the 1x8.If you're stable with either config, then you need to look in your bios to see if you can run mixed mode or flex mode RAM.

I'm guessing your system is having problems balancing a Dual Channel kit with a Single Channel kit.

Yes, that was the right number for your 8GB Memory Part.. Do you have the 4GB part too?

smashjohn

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
Keep the 8GB stick out of the equation.

Using the 2x4 sticks; try going into the bios and setting your RAM speeds manually:
667Mhz CAS 9-9-9-24-2T 1.5V

Also, make sure your RAM sticks are installed in the Blue sockets.

e.eldridge04spam

Prominent
Feb 22, 2018
I swapped them out and I'm now running the 8gb stick and it's running fine, no Bsods or errors and windows installed perfectly thanks I'll get back to you if I get either an error or just keeping you up to date, thanks so much

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Ok, I think you have a bad ram channel in your motherboard. Either could be the slot, or somewhere in the power system, or the CPU itself (although that is unlikely). Assuming this stays stable.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Its your money but considering the issue and the testing we have done they are going to charge you to tell you the same thing, you need a new motherboard.

Solution