(Not sure if right thread) Low fps when should be getting higher. 1050ti i5 7400

Aug 28, 2018
[Moderator note: moved post to Graphics Cards.]

Hey, I get low frames in a lot of games when I should be able to push 60+
Black Desert Online, I struggle to get 60 on medium, when my friend with an RX 460 and same processor gets 80-100 same settings. Rainbow 6 Siege on medium should be able to push 100+, but I get around 70. (If you're wondering why this is a problem, my monitor is 144hz)

I've tried reinstalling drivers, and checking for updates. No luck. I've wiped my PC, nothing. Verified files, nothing, Nvidia's optimal settings, made it worse.

Aug 28, 2018

Oh okay, Thanks.

Games don't have to run on all CPU cores to cause 100% usage,many only run on one or two threads,60% usage can easily mean that the two threads a game runs are maxing out. (and the background apps are the other 10% )

Aug 28, 2018

Ah okay, so that just goes for stuff like discord or youtube on my second monitor?

Task manager can tell you how much % the game (or any app) uses and the total usage so you can figure out how much youtube and other stuff uses.
What I said is just an example the game could also use the whole 60% or 55 or whatever else.
The point was that any game can be bottlenecked by one single core.

Aug 28, 2018

My PC is freshly wiped, so there are almost no background processes except the game and window's processes. Also I have 16gb of ram so I don't think ram is the issue.