[SOLVED] Not sure where fan cables should go inside H510 Elite ?

Yoomax

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
First time building a pc entirely on my own and I'm terrible with cables.
I'm putting my front RGB fans on my kraken x63 cooler and to make this easier I unplugged the cables from the hub on the back. I've seen videos about people chaining all fans together (when they replace the top and rear ones with RGB too) but if I'm leaving the top and rear non RGB fan where it is, can I just leave the cables in the hub as they came?
As for the front fans, is it okay to just plug them back into the hub the same way they were connected or won't they work like that?
There's one splitter coming from the front fans, should I do anything with it?
This is all getting me very confused and I'd rather not do it the wrong way, I don't have much building experience but because of covid no one can come over and feel like I'm stuck.

Also, on a sidenote: I have the kraken x63 aio and I connected to usb cable from the pump into an usb2 slot (which I think is right) but what is supposed to happen with the other one?
Also preferably a newbie friendly explanation

Picture
https://ibb.co/dDx4Yn4

Solution
Those are the fans youre putting on the radiator, yes? If so, use the splitter to connect both radiator fans to the CPU_FAN header. Or if you have two cpu fan headers you dont need the splitter.
I have the kraken x63 aio and I connected to usb cable from the pump into an usb2 slot (which I think is right) but what is supposed to happen with the other one?
It should plug into a pump/aio pump header or something similar.
And yes you can leave the top/rear exhausts alone

johnsoner13

Respectable
Those are the fans youre putting on the radiator, yes? If so, use the splitter to connect both radiator fans to the CPU_FAN header. Or if you have two cpu fan headers you dont need the splitter.
I have the kraken x63 aio and I connected to usb cable from the pump into an usb2 slot (which I think is right) but what is supposed to happen with the other one?
It should plug into a pump/aio pump header or something similar.
And yes you can leave the top/rear exhausts alone

Solution