Not turning on laptop

ZakYOLO

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020
My laptop is not turning on. It shows no sign of life. Most laptops have a light indicator, i have that too and it doesn't light up. I just worked on it and next the next day i went to tap on the power button and it doesn't work. Any help please?

Edit: I have tried to drain static as well. Removed battery, held down power well over a minute and plugged battery back in and still no signs.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your laptop? An SKU to it would help us two fold.

Edit: I have tried to drain static as well. Removed battery, held down power well over a minute and plugged battery back in and still no signs.
If the ram isn't soldered onto the motherboard's PCB, then you remove that as well, after you disconnect the battery, then press and hold down power to drain residual power. You are also advised to take an eraser at the gold contacts for the ram(if they aren't soldered to the motherboard) wipe until they are cleaned, then you remove any debris, then reinsert in slot.

ZakYOLO

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020

If the ram isn't soldered onto the motherboard's PCB, then you remove that as well, after you disconnect the battery, then press and hold down power to drain residual power. You are also advised to take an eraser at the gold contacts for the ram(if they aren't soldered to the motherboard) wipe until they are cleaned, then you remove any debris, then reinsert in slot.
Don't know the SKU sadly, and the model is ASUS X515EP-BQ309T. What happens when I don't remove the ram and hold down power? Won't that work? I'd like to try this RAM thing later on, as I had to work with a knife. Please provide help. I also appreciate the response.

ZakYOLO

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020

Update: I have removed the battery and RAM this time, drained static and still doesn't work 😩

Lutfij

Titan
Try and inspect the entire PCB for the laptop's motherboard for any burnt or blown componentry. If the adapter's not out of order and there's nothing wrong with the laptop's motherboard, you should be able to power up the laptop without the battery attached but merely the adapter from the wall.

ZakYOLO

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020
Try and inspect the entire PCB for the laptop's motherboard for any burnt or blown componentry. If the adapter's not out of order and there's nothing wrong with the laptop's motherboard, you should be able to power up the laptop without the battery attached but merely the adapter from the wall.
Doesn't look like anything has happened to anything inside the laptop.

If the adapter's not out of order and there's nothing wrong with the laptop's motherboard, you should be able to power up the laptop without the battery attached but merely the adapter from the wall.

I did in fact try this after u suggested me to remove the RAM (i have also tried removing the SSD) to no luck on those. My brother has a laptop of the similar model so i used his charger and also doesn't work😤. I'd be more than happy to wait till it gets fixed by using my ps4 but it also decided to go K.O on me.

Edit: I again appreciate the reply and would love to hear more.

TRENDING THREADS