[SOLVED] Not Updateable Realtek driver

Dec 31, 2020
Hey guys, I have an OEM system from acer, originally it is using windows 7, and I upgrade it to windows 10 and now I have a problem which is I can't use the Realtek driver from acer website cause of it only support win 7 and vista. So does I have an option which I can update that driver from somewhere or using other supported realtek driver? Now I'm using high definiton audio driver and it sucks. The sound terrible at all.

Solution
Hey guys, I have an OEM system from acer, originally it is using windows 7, and I upgrade it to windows 10 and now I have a problem which is I can't use the Realtek driver from acer website cause of it only support win 7 and vista. So does I have an option which I can update that driver from somewhere or using other supported realtek driver? Now I'm using high definiton audio driver and it sucks. The sound terrible at all.
What motherboard and realtek audio codec chip do you have? The driver furnished with windows 10 is probably the same as anything you'd get from realtek web site. What problems are you experiencing? You probably have other issues interfering with the audio stream that need solving.

It doesn't sound like Acer...
What motherboard and realtek audio codec chip do you have? The driver furnished with windows 10 is probably the same as anything you'd get from realtek web site. What problems are you experiencing? You probably have other issues interfering with the audio stream that need solving.

It doesn't sound like Acer supports Windows 10 on that system. Updating OEM systems to an OS they weren't built to support can be dicey at best. One option you can try is a USB sound card. Windows 10 works pretty well with them.

Solution