Notebook won't shutdown

ryan711

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Good day to all.
I have problem with my notebook with Win 7. I can't shutdown using the start menu. Only the sleep or hibernate function. Please help me.

Ryan

Solution
Have you gone into the power options and checked the settings to make sure that the option for shut down is selected and not just sleep and hibernate. You will have to select the power plan your usinf and the advanced button to check the settings. You can also create your own power plan to have the settings the way you want and currently you may have a power saving plan selected because it is a laptop.
You can shut the laptop off by pressing and holding the power button.
You may have an application or process running in the background that is not shutting down properly. Close all tray applications that you can, make sure you close all programs first, and try again. If that works, you need to see what you have installed that may be causing this. Check the Event Log for any application erorrs.

Have you gone into the power options and checked the settings to make sure that the option for shut down is selected and not just sleep and hibernate. You will have to select the power plan your usinf and the advanced button to check the settings. You can also create your own power plan to have the settings the way you want and currently you may have a power saving plan selected because it is a laptop.
You can shut the laptop off by pressing and holding the power button.

Solution

JackScarlet

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013

No worries :D I searched for days through dozens of forums without luck untill I came across the Hotfix in a very loosely related google search. I have posted it in a number of places on this forum in the hope it will be easier for others to find.

TRENDING THREADS