Notepad pops on screen. " The system cannot find the path specified."

May 12, 2018
Hey,
I'm having problem with Notepad, it opens itself on desktop like every 15-20 minutes. It writes " The system cannot find the path specified." I have scanned computer for viruses with Spyhunter 4 and it shows nothing. https://ibb.co/cAMMmJ/img

Operating system - Windows 8.1.

Solution
Hi, this is probably from a bad software installation or malware. There's two things I would try.

First, download the free version of Malwarebytes and do a full scan with it.

Secondly, look in the Task Scheduler for any event that may be trying to open a file in Notepad. This may take some investigating. You may want to be sure that detailed logging is turned on in Task Scheduler and right after it happens, open Task Scheduler and review the log to see if you can track it down. If it is a scheduled task, deleting that task will fix the problem.

I don't have Windows 8, but in Windows 10, on the right hand side of the Task Scheduler there's an option to "Enable All Tasks History". That would give you the detailed logging (in the center...

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, this is probably from a bad software installation or malware. There's two things I would try.

First, download the free version of Malwarebytes and do a full scan with it.

Secondly, look in the Task Scheduler for any event that may be trying to open a file in Notepad. This may take some investigating. You may want to be sure that detailed logging is turned on in Task Scheduler and right after it happens, open Task Scheduler and review the log to see if you can track it down. If it is a scheduled task, deleting that task will fix the problem.

I don't have Windows 8, but in Windows 10, on the right hand side of the Task Scheduler there's an option to "Enable All Tasks History". That would give you the detailed logging (in the center of the Task Scheduler).

Solution
May 12, 2018