Question Novice Builder Looking For Help on new system build

Jan 26, 2022
Before I start, it's been quite a few years since I built a computer...keep that in mind..

I decided to build a more up to date computer recently and seem to have run into trouble. I've assembled everything, all the fans turn on, no beeping. I figured everything is installed correctly right? So the trouble I've run into is that my keyboard doesn't seem to power up. My mouse lights up but not the keyboard...I've tried all the USB Ports and nothing works. Next issue, I have no video. I have my video card hooked up to monitor with a HDMI 2.0 Cable but monitor says "No Input" and I have a black screen. I have the video card slotted in the PCIEX 16(G5). This will be my 1st boot up.

Any suggestions for a novice builder?

System Build

Processor
- Intel Core i9-12900K - Core i9 12th Gen Alder Lake 16-Core 3.2 GHz
Motherboard - Asus Prime Z690-P D4
Memory - OLOy 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
Video Card - ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Video Card, OC Edition
Hard Drive - WD Blue 3D NAND 2TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5"/7mm Solid State Drive
Monitor - Z-EDGE UG32P 32" 1080P Curved Gaming Monitor, 240Hz, 1ms, HDR10, FreeSync, HDMI x2, DisplayPort x1, USB x1
Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 GT, 80 Plus Gold 1000W, Fully Modular, Eco Mode with FDB Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Includes Power ON Self Tester, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-GT-1000-X1
Keyboard - Corsair K55 RGB Pro

Not sure about the keyboard thing.

Video output:
  • Check that you've connected the 8 pin power cables to the side of the dGPU.
  • Could be that integrated (CPU) graphics is enabled in the BIOS (usually the default is auto which will prioritize video out from the dGPU if present)
    • To test this, you can connect the monitor cable to the video ports on the mobo rear panel.

Jan 26, 2022
Not sure about the keyboard thing.

Video output:
  • Check that you've connected the 8 pin power cables to the side of the dGPU.
  • Could be that integrated (CPU) graphics is enabled in the BIOS (usually the default is auto which will prioritize video out from the dGPU if present)
    • To test this, you can connect the monitor cable to the video ports on the mobo rear panel.
My thanks. I'll take a look at things and see if that helps.