Now I'm not sure if video card or drivers

chadw97

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
So I think my video card is faulty, but I am not sure. I previously made a thread saying about how I could not play any games. However, today I played CS go for about 3 hours and only had a couple of problems, but the game never crashed. I was playing at 1920x1080 with settings on medium and getting an average of 120 fps. What I did is I basically underclocked my video card and now I can play cs go. However, I still can't play Planetside 2 and most games. I just don't want to return the video card, buy a new one, and still have the problem so I want some more opinions. Video card is HIS 2gb 7850. CPU is fx-8320. cpu not overclocked. gpu underclocked. Should I return it or could it be a driver? gpu driver is the newest beta driver from amd. i have the newest bios. pretty sure I have every driver I need so I am thinking it is the video card. what do you think?

BigMike313

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
Ive had new psu's run much weaker than supposed to. I've also had gpu's that were slowly dying that I had to underclock/volt (trick) into working....
If your SURE your PSU is good Its definitely a bad gpu... Download a video card stability test