Now That the Surface is a Tablet, What's the Table Called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shardey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I have always been interested in this table and always thought it would of been an intellectual piece of property if it was integrated into a desk, such as the Exodesk.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Maybe it could replace the old Xerox Photocopy machine at office Christmas parties? Instead of the hot office chick who drinks too much jumping up on the Xerox machine making photocopies of her bare ass, she can hop up on the Surface Table bare-assed and stream it LIVE over the internets!!!

-ANOTHER missed opportunity.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I'm unsure if they're trying to use the table's name for PR reasons (was it that popular?) or their marketing department couldn't come up with anything better so they decided to confuse the market more.

ltdementhial

Aug 20, 2011
i just saw this reading this article...so funny and true:

i dont know how to post img's so [img=http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/4533067_460s.jpg]http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/4533067_460s.jpg[/img]

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
they should put these in the high tech arcade shops and have games available for them. be great if hologram goes it. i can see some sleek games being build for it. However this piece of tech current state would be useful in hospitals in a vertical lay out. and maybe replace MTA map-boards (NYC) with one of this with real time traffic for commuters. perhaps shopping malls too.

sporkimus

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
Drop the price of the Surface table to around $1000-1400 and it honestly would be a big seller. I would love to have one of these in my home.

I always thought that the future of dinning is OLED paper screens as menus or the whole table being a menu.
The cool thing with the table/menu idea would be that you can page your waitress and never get bad service again. Empty drink? Just press the page waitress button on your tablet/table.

[citation][nom]sporkimus[/nom]Drop the price of the Surface table to around $1000-1400 and it honestly would be a big seller. I would love to have one of these in my home.[/citation]

As nice as that would be, I believe Microsoft does not intend this formerly called Surface product to be a consumer one. Rather, it's aimed at enterprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.