[SOLVED] Nox Hummer Tg Rbg Airflow

Dec 8, 2019
I have a nox hummer tg rgb case and im not sure about its airflow as the case sometimes gets hot specially the side glass panel.The 3 fans at the front are so close to the glass that I dont think its pulling air. Besides those 3 fans I have an AIO watercooler for my cpu as an exhaust fan since I cant put it anywhere else.
What are your opinions about this case and is there any way to improve the airflow? Would removing the side panel help?

Solution
the case sometimes gets hot specially the side glass panel
Glass is an insulator of heat. It does not allow said heat to pass through as easily compared to an aluminum or steel panel.
With a gpu dumping it's waste heat in the x-axis directions, it's only normal for a portion of the glass to get warm.

The 3 fans at the front are so close to the glass that I dont think its pulling air.
They're more for show than actual cooling performance.

What are your opinions about this case and is there any way to improve the airflow? Would removing the side panel help?
Putting it bluntly, it sucks. There's a few possible 'fixes' - no guarantees that they'll all work, save for the last one...
1)Toss out the 3 front fans. They...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
the case sometimes gets hot specially the side glass panel
Glass is an insulator of heat. It does not allow said heat to pass through as easily compared to an aluminum or steel panel.
With a gpu dumping it's waste heat in the x-axis directions, it's only normal for a portion of the glass to get warm.

The 3 fans at the front are so close to the glass that I dont think its pulling air.

Putting it bluntly, it sucks. There's a few possible 'fixes' - no guarantees that they'll all work, save for the last one...
1)Toss out the 3 front fans. They are likely some cheap airflow oriented models with no real 'umph' behind them. Grab some high static pressure fans instead:
Corsair ML120 Pro
ARCTIC BioniX P120
Fractal Design HP12-PWM
Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700

2)Get a Kraken G12 + 360mm AIO and mount them to the gpu. The fans will still struggle to draw in air, but the gpu will still be cooled by the liquid's flow rate.

3)Removing the side panel helps, you'll just have to clean the PC more frequently.

4)Just replace the case with one with a little less focus on the aesthetics.

Solution
Dec 8, 2019

1)Toss out the 3 front fans. They are likely some cheap airflow oriented models with no real 'umph' behind them. Grab some high static pressure fans instead:
Corsair ML120 Pro
ARCTIC BioniX P120
Fractal Design HP12-PWM
Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700

2)Get a Kraken G12 + 360mm AIO and mount them to the gpu. The fans will still struggle to draw in air, but the gpu will still be cooled by the liquid's flow rate.

3)Removing the side panel helps, you'll just have to clean the PC more frequently.

4)Just replace the case with one with a little less focus on the aesthetics.