NSA Helping with Windows 7 Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]darkknight22[/nom]and Steve Jobs get's nothing? man he got the shaft. Who wouldn't want the NSA putting backdoors into their operating systems....[/citation]

Who would want to help them and their perfect OS? I think they did the smart thing and went with over 85%+ marketshare vs less than 10%. Especially when your systems run Windows.

And it's not like the NSA is programming for Microsoft and supposedly putting "backdoors" into Windows (even though MS probably already has). They are just providing help in ways to secure it and patch it. Knowing the NSA they have teams of hackers trying to break it.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
The Govt has been involved in MS's OS for awhile. After Win 98 you couldn't get erase past sites you've visited online in the registry. After Win 98 you can't even get in there unless you have programs which allow you to view, but not erase. This is old news.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
im sure they fixed a lot of holes at vulnerable areas in the OS, also so that no one ELSE can access the public, but them. BACKDOOR THEORY anyone?

take that china, russia, france, israel.

gravitygirl

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
and someday they might even make (or use) a POSIX compliant OS that meets ISO standards too! (like more than a dozen other OS's)

yip. ee.

Sardaukarz

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
NSA has helped Microsoft since Windows XP?

God dammit! Imagine how much the gov infrastructure sucks as you F FAILED since Windows Xp.

If I was that guy I'll shut up and start looking for a job!

daskinil

Distinguished
May 10, 2008
For everyone that keeps throwing linux in there. Be aware that the NSA has a patchset for linux that secure systems need to have as well.

Jenoin

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]one-shot[/nom]The Govt has been involved in MS's OS for awhile. After Win 98 you couldn't get erase past sites you've visited online in the registry. After Win 98 you can't even get in there unless you have programs which allow you to view, but not erase. This is old news.[/citation]
I struggled a little bit with your poorly constructed thoughts/sentences, but it appears that you believe:
1. Windows keeps track of the websites you visit in the registry.
2. The windows registry is uneditable in versions of windows after Win98.

Allow me to help you out. Whatever version of windows you are in, go to the start menu, select run. in the box type "regedit" and hit enter. If you are in Vista/7 it will give you some warnings about protecting your computer, but really it's just trying to prevent you from deleting the "secret" internet cache. Bypass those warnings. When the directory tree loads just delete everything there. Some of it may not delete and some of it may give warnings but ignore all those and when you are done reboot.

P.S. You are an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.