NSFIII on GTS

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Ok, so my current card is a GTS (boohoo, no tv-out). How do I get my favorite game, Need for Speed III, to run at 1024x768 on it? So far the game only provides that option with Voodoo cards installed! No option in game settings to go higher than 800x600 on ANY nVidia card!

G

Wasnt there a way to have it startup using direct X i had the problem back then that it wouldent run in hardware at all ... maybe there is also a command line option that will give you what you want.

Hey man i dont know .. i just think i do !!

Raistlin

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You have to set it to use default direct X device instead of software renderer. then you can go in under options graphics and set it higher.
you change it to direct x from a config program that will be installed, its normally right above or below the nfs
in the windows start-prog-etc menu
Bored,Certified Tech

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
See, now that's the problem. No support for higher resolutions in D3D! You can get the higher resolutions in Sofware mode, or Glide if you have a 3DFX card. There has to be a command line change or something to provide me higher resolution in D3D!

G

asked EA yet?
or no solution at all ?! :frown:

<font color=orange>What do you think? :wink: </font color=orange>

G

will you buy new card and play only new games?
will you play good old lovely games installed in the system after upgraded from TNT to GF2 GTS?
or have to uninstall <b>ALL</b> old games after upgrade??

G

oh no... :frown: all you can do now is hope EA release a patch to enable higher resolution in D3D.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I crash out my hard drive every few months, so I always reload games anyway. EA will not be providing any new updates for NFS3, as they no longer sell the game and so updates are no longer profitable. I was hoping that someone could give me a hack for the game that will allow me to receive the same resolution that they originally supplied for the Voodoo cards

TRENDING THREADS