NT install error

i got this error: in SP "falta un archivo de núcleo de
disco inserte un disquete de sistema y reinicie"
in EN "Disc nucleus file not founded, insert system
diskette and restart", after an installation, previosly
installation program showed just 4GB of 80GB of the HDD.
please i need the quickest answer. Thanks

Hello Jose,

partition on which you install nt4 cannot be greater than 4GB.
Create several partitions (min a 2nd one) to access all disk space.

"Jose Ríos" <jose.rios@merendon.biz> wrote in message
i got this error: in SP "falta un archivo de núcleo de
disco inserte un disquete de sistema y reinicie"
in EN "Disc nucleus file not founded, insert system
diskette and restart", after an installation, previosly
installation program showed just 4GB of 80GB of the HDD.
please i need the quickest answer. Thanks

Not entirely true. You can install NT on up to a 7.8GB partition if it has
previously been created. The NT installer can only create up to a 4GB
partition.

"John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Jose,
>
> partition on which you install nt4 cannot be greater than 4GB.
> Create several partitions (min a 2nd one) to access all disk space.
>

> "Jose Ríos" <jose.rios@merendon.biz> wrote in message
> i got this error: in SP "falta un archivo de núcleo de
> disco inserte un disquete de sistema y reinicie"
> in EN "Disc nucleus file not founded, insert system
> diskette and restart", after an installation, previosly
> installation program showed just 4GB of 80GB of the HDD.
> please i need the quickest answer. Thanks

Hello Homer,

Thank you for your answer.
I heard of that other limit but until today was believing it was some
mistake
or applicable only to server release.
Could you tell me how you proceed with a fresh install?
Does one need to DOS-boot and run fdisk first or is there an easier
solution?

"Homer Simpson" <not@springfield.net> wrote in message
> Not entirely true. You can install NT on up to a 7.8GB partition if it
has
> previously been created. The NT installer can only create up to a 4GB
> partition.
>

> "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Jose,
> >
> > partition on which you install nt4 cannot be greater than 4GB.
> > Create several partitions (min a 2nd one) to access all disk space.
> >

> > "Jose Ríos" <jose.rios@merendon.biz> wrote in message
> > i got this error: in SP "falta un archivo de núcleo de
> > disco inserte un disquete de sistema y reinicie"
> > in EN "Disc nucleus file not founded, insert system
> > diskette and restart", after an installation, previosly
> > installation program showed just 4GB of 80GB of the HDD.
> > please i need the quickest answer. Thanks

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for the link.
I gave a look at your site and read many articles it references.
Interesting stuff! Some I had nearly forgotten like the difference
between boot partition and system partition...

"Calvin" <nospam@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Hi John,
>
> see:
>
> http://nt4ref.zcm.com.au/bigdisk.htm
>
> This page should answer your questions.
>
> Calvin.

Calvin

Hi John,

I'm glad to hear that my ramblings are of some use to people out there :)
Obviously, word is out about the site, because I've noticed the page hits
counters really starting to 'tick over' in the last 3 or so weeks.

To everyone watching this newsgroup:

I welcome comment from anybody on the usefulness of the site and suggestions for
corrections, additions etc...

have a look at: http://nt4ref.zcm.com.au

Calvin.