NT4 workstation file sharing

Paul

Splendid

I cant get my other computers to see my NT4 computer.
It's NT4 workstation with SP6. It can see my W2000
machine and share its files no problem. I have NetBIOS
over TCP/IP. They are on the same Workgroup.

But the W2000 machine cannot see the NT4 machine.
I have the Server service running on NT4. Do I need
Computer Browser running as well? When I try to start
that I get Error 2310: This shared resource does not exist.

What do I need to do? Any help, mucho gracio.

Paul

Are you able to access shares directly using ip address?

Example:
If you have defined shared folder with share name "Public" and your computer
is using IP address 192.168.1.5 you can, theoretically access this share it
by typing
\\192.168.1.5\Public
to address line in windows explorer. If you remove share name from this, NT
computer should display list of "public" type defined shares (ie. folders
and printers).