Question Ntldr Missing

Apr 28, 2021
So i have and old emachine d520 with windows vista , but it gives me the erro "Ntldr missing , press ctrl+alt+spr to restart" , i checked the bios, changed the boot order, restored to default and nothing. Also tried installing another windows (xp, vista,7,10) wit no succes , with windows xp nothing boots, with windows vista and 7 it gets sutck on black screen and cursor, and with windows 10 it gets stuck on logo. So i can't even install windows, any idea why?

Also tried installing another windows (xp, vista,7,10) wit no succes , with windows xp nothing boots
Corrupted install.
with windows vista and 7 it gets sutck on black screen and cursor,
You're probably trying to install from UEFI prepared media, when your pc supports legacy boot only.
and with windows 10 it gets stuck on logo.
Windows 10 64bit may not be supported on your old pc. Try Windows 10 32bit instead.

Apr 28, 2021
Corrupted install.

You're probably trying to install from UEFI prepared media, when your pc supports legacy boot only.

Windows 10 64bit may not be supported on your old pc. Try Windows 10 32bit instead.
Well now it loads but i doesn't detect any hard drive , maybe is an hardawera issue?

Apr 28, 2021
Download drivers first, extract zip file, copy extracted folder onto installation media and load during install.

https://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/emachines/laptops-desktops/emachines-d520/6145
(hard disk controller drivers, links at bottom of the page)
Storage drivers are in extracted subfolder
drivers\x64 or drivers\x86 (depending on which windows version you're installing)
Ok so i donwloaded the drivers but none works, if i check the box "hide non compatible controllers" nothing shows up , i installed the non conpatible ones as well , but nothing. Tried with both links. The path to drivers is drivers\x32 and the second link is drivers\AHCI\x32 and none is compatible

Apr 28, 2021
Check BIOS settings of your laptop.
Look for SATA controller mode. Should be set to AHCI (not RAID).
There is only 2 options IDE or AHCI it was set to IDE so i changed it , but still nothing none of the 2 drivers listed in that website is compatible

EDIT: I don't know if this is relevant , but i am trying to install w10 32-bits (maybe that's the issue? )

Last edited:

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
Looks like you may have a hardware issue.

Look in the BIOS to see if your drive is detected, if it is then it is unlikely to be a controller issue at which point the drive may have become faulty.

As youa re already using Rufus, you obviously know how to create bootable USB drives, install Linux. Try 64bit Ubuntu (for ease) to see if that installs, if it does then you have learned something, you can then use Ubuntu to test the Hard Drive and to identify the settings, spec etc to figure out why W10 is not installing and to then remedy the issue.

Good luck.