ntoskrnl.exe causing Bluescreens on Windows 10

Moonky

Commendable
May 26, 2016
So I have been having bluescreens for a while and I really don't know what the cause is, I have tried many options but nothing seems to work anymore. These mainly occur when I am playing games for a while (not all games) and it's not frequent enough to pin down the exact issue.

Dmp file - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BztlfU002uSCbHY2ZG1DM1RlcHM

Really can't work out what to do with it anymore, system -

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz 26 °C
Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1332MHz (15-17-17-35)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170 PRO GAMING (LGA1151) 30 °C
Graphics
DELL U2412M (1920x1200@59Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti (ZOTAC International) 42 °C
Storage
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD) 33 °C
2794GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 (SATA) 33 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH16NS40
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

edit: Just did a WhoCrashed and it gave me a little more feedback (not helpful) -

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xFF, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to run Windows Update and install all the update available.
- Once done, do run SFC Scanner.
- Search for Command Prompt, right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- Once open, type sfc/scannow then press Enter. While until it finish the scan and see if it will solve the issue or not.
- If these steps will not work, proceed with doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed then test it again.
- If the same problem will persist, do also run a memory test just to make sure everything is working properly.
- If all test will pass, last option would be to reinstall Windows 10.

Moonky

Commendable
May 26, 2016

Thanks for the suggestions, I did all of that (apart from Windows 10 reinstalling) and nothing seemed to help. Not using a laptop but I assume same thing applies here.

Have updated my graphics drivers once more to see if I can pin down the exact issue. Fingers crossed this time but I am not hopeful.