Numark NV, Sound issues.

acer2dn

Reputable
Mar 8, 2018
I have my headphones plugged into the front jack, but i can't get any sound to go back into the computer so the stream can hear it. I don't have a sound card either. Any alternatives?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Make and model headphones? Do they work on other computers or audio devices. Do other headphones work on your computer?

Determine if the problem follows the headphones or stays with your computer.

Windows 10?

Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

A menu should appear that will lead you to numerous audio related Windows, tabs, and properties.

Explore first without changing anything. Then try making changes but change only one thing at a time in case you need to go back an undo a change.

What audio devices do you see listed in Device Manager?

Try the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters they may find and fix something.

acer2dn

Reputable
Mar 8, 2018
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Make and model headphones? Do they work on other computers or audio devices. Do other headphones work on your computer?

Determine if the problem follows the headphones or stays with your computer.

Windows 10?

Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

A menu should appear that will lead you to numerous audio related Windows, tabs, and properties.

Explore first without changing anything. Then try making changes but change only one thing at a time in case you need to go back an undo a change.

What audio devices do you see listed in Device Manager?

Try the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters they may find and fix something.
Here are my specs,
CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard - ASUS ROG X570-E
RAM - G.Skill Trident Z Royal 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz
GPU - ASUS DUAL RTX 2070 OC
PSU - EVGA Supernova G3 750W

I used the Corsair Virtuoso RGB headphones until i switched to the Audio-Technica m50x.
Inside the software are my headphones,

Currently, I'm still trying to get the audio from the DJ equipment to reach to the computer, but i was told that i should get an audio interface instead of using the onboard audio.

acer2dn

Reputable
Mar 8, 2018
"DJ Equipment" - what all are you trying to connect and what is the overall objective.

Just audio, video clips voiced over, combining tracks, etc..

Moving thread to Home Audio & Theater.
I want to be able to connect the sound from my Numark NV controller into the computer.
So my viewers can hear the tracks.
On the back of the controller there are RCA inputs, Are there soundcards out there that have RCA inputs?

There is Master, Booth, and Input.

Ralston18

Titan
Yes - there are a variety of cables/adapters available.

Your requirement is likely a stereo RCA to 3.5 mm (male) plug.

For example:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-2-Male-Adapter-Stereo/dp/B01D5H8LDM

The Numark's RCA outputs (red and white) would be plugged into the audio in port (3.5 mm female) on your sound card.

Note that the link is indeed an example. You must take a close look at the plugs, connectors, sizes, and genders on both ends.

Here is a link to help you get started:

https://www.majorcom.fr/web/en/569-le-cablage-electronique.php

As you work through the details, revise your search criteria accordingly.

acer2dn

Reputable
Mar 8, 2018
Yes - there are a variety of cables/adapters available.

Your requirement is likely a stereo RCA to 3.5 mm (male) plug.

For example:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-2-Male-Adapter-Stereo/dp/B01D5H8LDM

The Numark's RCA outputs (red and white) would be plugged into the audio in port (3.5 mm female) on your sound card.

Note that the link is indeed an example. You must take a close look at the plugs, connectors, sizes, and genders on both ends.

Here is a link to help you get started:

https://www.majorcom.fr/web/en/569-le-cablage-electronique.php

As you work through the details, revise your search criteria accordingly.
Im trying to find a soundcard that has RCA inputs, with 2 ins and 2 outs.
My friend has an old Soundblaster card with RCA inputs and 2 ins and two outs.

If i were to use 3.5mm adapters would it affect sound quality in any way?

Ralston18

Titan
Sound quality is subjective but overall poor components will have an adverse effect.

End to end: sound source (origin) to speakers through room to ear.

Resistance, impedance, cheap materials/components, low quality assembly, loose connector fits, etc. can and do alter fidelity.

Such problems may introduce crackles, small signal losses , distortions that you will find annoying.

For the most part good quality (i.e., probably higher priced) equipment and cables are needed. However, I often read that some things, such as expensive audio cables add little performance value for the extra costs.

Software and hardware is available to help compensate and adjust audio more to your liking.

For me, tinkering with the bass is about all that is necessary. Maybe the balance from time to time.

Will defer to the more serious audiophiles here as to what may help you with sound quality per se.

Reactions: acer2dn