Question Nvdia gtx 1650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2020
Hello everyone

I recently bought a graphics nvdia gtx 1650. When I install it on my computer it gives me an error in the device manager code 12 and when I turn off the pc and reconnect the next day it is no longer installed.

Specs Desktop
cpu intel i5-2400 3.10 GHZ
Mobos foxconn 2ABF 1.30
BIOS UEFI ver AMi 7.16 23/03/2012
SMBIOS 2.6
Power source MAXPOWER 550W

Could you link your graphics card?

i believe what’s most likely happening is that you got a 1650 that doesn’t require external power plugs from PSU unit. This would mean that the card draws power from mother board only to work. Most of those prebuilt motherboards have expansion slots that provide only a 25watt connection, while the 1650 draws about 80watts. There are cases of a 75w expansion slot, but those are rare in.
you can look at your motherboard’s expansion slot, it should have wattage rating somewhere near the socket for the gpu

You can’t see your card because it’s not powering up.

I can’t understand anything about your power supply when I search it, because of the language. But it’s definitely not a very good one. You could look and see if it has external 4 pin plug for a graphics card (or 8 pin total available), then if it does, try and swap out that 1650 for something that requires external power. 1650 supermuch better gaming gpu and require external power, that may be a viable option for you

InvalidError

Titan
Code 12 is usually some sort of resource conflict, which shouldn't be really a thing on PCIe. Could inadequate power to the slot/card cause it? Maybe.

I'd start with a CMOS clear: maybe there are incorrect settings or remnants from past auto-detection cached for faster boot that need to be cleared to force an update.

If it does you're on a Legacy BIOS and not a UEFI BIOS. That card does not support Legacy BIOS if you do have a legacy BIOS. Do you?
If UEFI was a problem, OP wouldn't be able to boot and get to Device Manager to see the device failing to initialize due to code 12. Once the OS has booted, UEFI becomes irrelevant since drivers (re-)initialize everything when they take over. Plenty of people manage to run UEFI-only GPUs in pre-UEFI systems by booting from IGP (which the i5-2400 does have) or something like a GT710 in a spare x1 slot.

Code 12 is usually some sort of resource conflict, which shouldn't be really a thing on PCIe. Could inadequate power to the slot/card cause it? Maybe.

I'd start with a CMOS clear: maybe there are incorrect settings or remnants from past auto-detection cached for faster boot that need to be cleared to force an update.

If UEFI was a problem, OP wouldn't be able to boot and get to Device Manager to see the device failing to initialize due to code 12. Once the OS has booted, UEFI becomes irrelevant since drivers (re-)initialize everything when they take over. Plenty of people manage to run UEFI-only GPUs in pre-UEFI systems by booting from IGP (which the i5-2400 does have) or something like a GT710 in a spare x1 slot.

You're right. Deleted my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.