Nvidia ‘Big Bang II’ Close to Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

big bang II my a** this doesn't do anything... its just a naming scheme... they should have already added support for multi monitor sli support...

they are losing and they know it now they are just bull sh*ting to try to win customers back... (losing this generation war atleast... maybe not overall)

bf2gameplaya

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
The forceware 177's have finaly fixed a long standing DirectDraw bug with the Infinity engine and the GeForce8 series, Planescape Torment, Baldur's gate, etc.

With hardware settings, you would get black instead of transparent, ugly. Changed to software you got your transparency back, but ugly mouse trails and slow performance. Now all is as it should be.

My point is there are thousand fixes big and small still to be done, keep picking up the loose bits like that DD bug as you press on relentlessly forward nVidia and you will keep your users!

G

ati drivers are so much better... having owned both ATI drivers are much better...

that being said... i don't really care too much... but if the performance is similar... i know i'll be getting the ATI counterpart (like 5 %)

I will have to run some tests. before the 4870's game out my 8800GTX was hell(crash, freeze, poor performance on very old games) under Vista(and great under XP) and all I could do was blame MS(after all, it worked right in XP). One day for the fun of it I tried my old X1900XT(I was also doing some power consumption tests) and guess what? problems gone.

One 4870 later and its stayed gone(My girl friends computer missed its video card, it now lives with that 8800GTX anyway). But I would not mind testing the last 2 NV drivers that have been released as I did send bug reports and when I did that on XP it was always fixed on the next release(but that where so far appart some times).

I agree I'm not fanboy of any sort (I have nvidia 8600 in my laptop, 4850 in desktop) and currently ati drivers are much better. They release them monthly that shows they work hard on them to make out lives easier. Also their numbering thing is much easier to follow (8.8, 8.9, 8.10) not like nvidia and their 1xx.xx scheme...it just makes my head hurt :p

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Blackwidow_rsa[/nom]I have an opposite experience. My pc bsod'd daily with my x600xt, no matter what drivers. Its mysteriously dissappeared when i got my 8500GT pos edition. [/citation]

pretty much same here. different cards but same experience. i will risk another ATI purchase at some point but there is no compelling reason for me to right now.

G

dude... where have you been the last 5 f*cking months?

the 4870 series is f*cking raping nvidia... sure they may have a lot more market share but they are losing fast... try not to be an imbecile next time you post

Do not get me wrong(not trying to start a fight here), inf modded GTX 280 drivers had a lot of bug fixes for the 8800GTX. There was still some odd ones, like radom crashes while running tv out and gaming on the main screen. Quake 1 being limited to 800x600 was another odd one, with old drivers it ran 1280x1024 but had real bad performance. Come on... Quake 1(this was the one i blamed Vista on, but i was wrong....)

PC_68

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
4870 raping the GTX 280, what benchmarks are you looking at? The only game I see the ATI higher is WiC.

squiZZ

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
The ati-nvidia fanboys can argue all day long about who's raping who. But when it's all said and done its the dollar that decides who's on top. As far as I can tell the 4870 has been selling like hotcakes over the gtx280

rocky1234

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
Quote from PC_68
"4870 raping the GTX 280, what benchmarks are you looking at? The only game I see the ATI higher is WiC."

I think he meant in sales & price range the 4870 holds over the 280.
Also the 4870 1gb cards are doing better than the 512mb cards in the higher resolutions also.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]thogrom[/nom]dude... where have you been the last 5 f*cking months?the 4870 series is f*cking raping nvidia... sure they may have a lot more market share but they are losing fast... try not to be an imbecile next time you post [/citation]

why do they let people like you post? you get all personal and throw a tantrum because people don't see things your way. i actually do own cards from both and i am convinced you are just claiming to even ever own anything nvidia to strengthen your one dimensional mindset. i see there are many others to take up your position which is fine. somebody has to shill. hopefully the uneducated can see through it but if not, they will have some beautiful ATI space heaters this winter. :)

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]PC_68[/nom]4870 raping the GTX 280, what benchmarks are you looking at? The only game I see the ATI higher is WiC.[/citation]
Exactly. Even the X2 doesn't beat the GTX 280 in all cases (due to being a dual GPU card).

ATI is kicking Nvidia's ass at performance for the Money, but they don't have the most powerful single GPU card.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
well come on..that x2 is a beast of a card. it runs hot but if your willing to throw down 450+ for a graphics card, then you are most likely willing to throw some water blocks on it and never worry about it again. its faster. face it. :)

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
The point being made isn't about absolute performance. The AMD/ATi 4800 series has a better price/performance ratio and is selling better than nvidia's GTX 200 series because of it.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
yes. most people wanting to have the best do not necessarily bargain hunt though. in the case of video cards, the prices are pretty close thanks to ATI marketing something competitive. if you have a preference of a specific technolofy or brand over another, price is a moot point unless you are talking hundreds of dollars.

Too bad everyone else knows ATi's owning of the crown will not last for long. Nvidia will win it back. They did it before after the 5800 vacuum cleaners they released.
and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati,and then ATI will own them, then they will own ati

Its a never ending loop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.