Nvidia 8x or 16x cards

LegionPothIX

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Hello! I've recently began planning a new computer, that uses 8x and 16x slot PCI-e graphics cards, the computer will be using an Intel processor, so I'd like to stick with a pair of Intel cards if at all possible. I'm not a hardware guru, so I was wondering what would be recommended.

I want to have them work in tandem, or parallel processing, or what ever it's called. My mother board will be using a pair of Intel Xeon 5000 series processors, likely the e5530, and I'd like the graphics cards to work well together with the rest of my system.

Advice and suggestions are and would be most appreciated.

The GPU standard is PCIe x16, in retail you have a choice between ATI(AMD) or Nvidia based cards, they work equally well with Intel CPU's. Without knowing your motherboard we can not recommend cards to run in SLI or Crossfire. What you are going to use the computer for affects our recommendations as well.

LegionPothIX

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
I see, In that case, all I really care about is that the graphics cards i get, work well together and work well with the processors i'll have. Someone told me they were, and they seemed kind of knowledgeable. Any particular recommendations?