News Nvidia-Arm Acquisition Deal May Slip Beyond Expected Timeframe, Says Nvidia CEO

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
I feel they will hit a dead end with the Chinese regulator. If the deal goes through, China can wave goodbye to ARM since they will not be able to access their technology. At least until China can come up with a good alternative, otherwise, I don't see why they will approve this deal.

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
I feel they will hit a dead end with the Chinese regulator. If the deal goes through, China can wave goodbye to ARM since they will not be able to access their technology. At least until China can come up with a good alternative, otherwise, I don't see why they will approve this deal.
Unless they make some kind of behind the scene deal with nvidia... if they stand to gain something somewhere, China will approve. Jensen knows.

even if china being denied to access ARM in the future i don't think it will affect them too much. china probably already "stealing" a lot of ARM stuff. even ARM china division in some sort of controversy not too long ago when ARM china decided to go against ARM HQ decision about changing their top leader. china already have their own x86. next they probably try to make their own version of ARM.