Nvidia Boss Shows Off Tegra-powered Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Tom's[/nom]How much would you pay for a device like this? Let us know in the comments below![/citation]

Without specs I wouldn't put a price on it.

presidenteody

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
well, if it can play some basic games css, l4d2 and such as well as stream hulu full screen and a 80gb hdd... lets say 500-700max usd.

if it can do crysis... then well i don't know .... a lot

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]Damn he looks hot in that picture! I'll pass making a bad comment simply for that reason.[/citation]

He definitely works out, eh?

*looks at own arms with sense of inferiority*

The-Darkening

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]Damn he looks hot in that picture! I'll pass making a bad comment simply for that reason.[/citation]

His hair was generated artificially with mspaint. :/

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]Either our favorite asian CEO is very, VERY small, or that device would be too large to make for a good tablet.[/citation]
Or the tablet is closer to the camera then he is :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_distortion_(photography)

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
How much would I pay ? "Its over 9000!!!!!" lol

Anyway I heard something about this new Tegra cpu being the brains in Nintendo's next hand held gizmo. So I really do not need a phone to play some games.... These smart phones are cool and all but I have a less then $200 Samsung phone that slides open with a keyboard and can do the net and all that... I use it to download ringtones and occasionally check a movie time. I don't think a 600-800$ phone would be a good investment for me, about the only thing I would add to my phone is GPS for driving but if I have an address I can wing it with mapquest.

I guess what I am saying is that I refuse to spend more then $200 on a phone and it better work best as a phone first then if the other functions work good great, but if it cost more then that, my expectations jump up too. Can a laptop AND a cheaper Cell phone to do all the things this phone can do?

Might also add that my phone has no contract so I paid a bit more for it then if I had say a 2 year contract (probably would have been close to free)

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Now this is a device that Nvidia could market. Tegra is a really great design and it will be interesting to see where it gets put into. Hopefully a Zune phone or WM phone.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
If I were a restaurant owner with great wifi capabilities for my POS this would be a good time to upgrade and use a future-centric system for ordering and billing as well as inventory reports.

Depends on how these tegra run tablets cost as well.....

G

Hmm Apple Tablet Rumor, Nvidia CEO saying flattering Bullshit about Apple using the best hardware, Nvidia CEO shown with tablet...

Leads me to deduce Nvidia CEO courting Apple Tablet hardware deal.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Hmm Apple Tablet Rumor, Nvidia CEO saying flattering Bullshit about Apple using the best hardware, Nvidia CEO shown with tablet...Leads me to deduce Nvidia CEO courting Apple Tablet hardware deal.[/citation]

Yeah, I thought about that too. But Apple owns PA Semi so I'm not quite sure what to think!

If this is a full blown pc tablet with a touch screen, that can run productivity apps, is multi-media capabilities, and has built in Wi-Fi as well as an unlocked 3G/4G phone, I would gladly pay $500.00 for such a device.

I love convergence!

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

Not hot at all! and he is gesturing how big his nose will grow as he continues to spew his lies about how Macs have the "best" technology to massage Jobs ego and sell more of those 4 years old 9400 and 9600 graphics chips to them.

hardwarekid9756

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
it'd need to be no more than 1cm thick with an 8"+ screen (preferably at greater than 480p resolution), and it'd need to have at least 32gb of space, 5hr hr active battery (non-wifi), 10hr+ screenless-battery, play h.264 and divx movies, and it'd need a full-featured browser that includes Flash support (Hulu, in other words). I'd also want bluetooth, Keyboard pairing (via bluetooth would be cool) and word processing applications.

GImme all three of those and I'd easily drop 299-399 on it. I'd pay 50 bucks extra if it had cordless charging, too. I'd pay another 50 dollars if it had docking (And I'd drop another 100 on a docking station) so that I could literally use it as a pick-up-and-go PC/Mobility crossover. drop it in my station at home with a 24" monitor and full setup, and then pick it up and go for when I'm on the move. And, bluetooth folding boards for when I'm at a coffee shop.

It's ambitious, but give me taht and you've literally got the device of the century.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Doesn't matter anymore, this guy is a tool and until he's gone nVidia is second rate in my opinion....and I USED to be kind of a nVidia fanboy a couple years ago.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
It kind of looks like he's been offended by something in the picture. With the whole wide armed stance and an expression that seems to pass on a "WTF man?" attitude.

As for the tegra, about 300$ if its a capable smartphone device.

Status
Not open for further replies.