Nvidia Bringing Tegra to the Android Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

doormatderek

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
This is what i've been waiting for. I am still using a 5 year old Nokia phone, still with the factory battery even. Just curious as to the carrier and 'contract' i'll have to sign up for...

Flameout

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
i'm also using a 5 y.o. nokia phone :S was gonna get a Kogan Agora Pro that runs on android but some bs happened and i'm still using this p.o.s. phone.

this phone by nvidia looks like a cross between a brick and a handheld gaming system

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
I just got a storm love it great phone. But i would buy a graphics accelerated phone anyday. Imagine the apps and games. By by hand held gaming devices my phone does it all. Coruse if they dont offer a good phone on verizon i will pass. ill cry but ill still pass.

G

I hope Nvidia could stomp out some low price devices!
Only a pitty they don't come with AMD graphics cards, my all time favorites!

I hope Nvidia catches up to intel, and delivers similar to Atom processors to fit into mininotebooks.
Nvidia and via could be a good team to pair up against the intel giant!

I'm slowly losing my favor for intel!

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Right when I hit the height of excitement about ION, Nvidia hits me with something even more portable, and powerful.

[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]I'm slowly losing my favor for intel![/citation]
I am as well. I wish they would stop pretending like they can do everything, and except complimentary technology.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
It's really hard to take people seriously when they support lesser technology due to brand favoritism. Intel currently has the fastest technology in the desktop CPU market. Via has historically sucked, and AMD has been limping along since the Athlon X2 series. I once was a AMD fan, but think about it. Do these corporations pay your bills? No... they're simply trying to sell you a product. Buy the best you can afford, no matter the maker. There's no reason to be a fanboy.

That said, it looks like nVidia has a winner with this one. Hopefully they release it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.