luzhun

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
Hello. In the Nvidia Control Panel, the brightness level used to work until I had updated the graphics card drivers in which it does nothing when adjusting the brightness slider and clicking apply. I had upgraded the graphics card itself recently and was hoping this new driver for another graphics card entirely would have resolved this, but the functioning of the brightness control is still doing nothing. Is there a known "bug" that does not allow this feature to work anymore?

The screen is entirely too bright and I am concerned that it is negatively affecting my vision. The whites are WAY too bright of a white when looking at desktop box screens or even web page backgrounds when trying to read, even when posting this. I have to almost hold my hand over my eyes so that I do not try to stare into it for too long of a time. I forget which graphics card driver number the previous one was which had it working fine by dimming the TV using the Nvidia Control Panel sliding function, but that is no longer an option now anyways as it was for the previous graphics card.

The TV itself does not have any options for brightness from what I can find. It has only 3 or so built-in settings which does not really change much and is pretty much useless. I am using a Windows 7 Professional x64 OS, if that makes any difference to the Control Panel's functionality. Perhaps they made it stop working with Windows 7 OS's?

Thank you for any information in regards to these things and if you need any more details, do let me know. I appreciate any suggestions to try.

Nvidia Control Panel Brightness Setting