News Nvidia Delays RTX 3070 By 2 Weeks to Avoid Another Disappointing Launch

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Seems like you have no clue whatsoever about manufacturing and supply! If they can have X number available on 29th, why on Earth do you think they'll have the same amount two weeks before that, and have not added to their inventory with two weeks' worth of production? They will have X amount available on 15th, but will have two weeks worth of production to add to that number by 29th, so of course they will have more available, it's obvious to anyone with a brain! I agree that there may not be any real benefit, as they'll probably sell out almost as quickly anyway, but they WILL have more available to sell.
I think you should re-read what I said. The key point is;

“If they can have X number available by 29th October that doesn’t change if they start selling on the 15th October”

A tip for you. Read a post properly before accusing someone of not having a brain otherwise you make yourself look stupid.

Last edited:

Thomas Wells

Honorable
Mar 27, 2015
There ought to be a clever technical solve for the scalper problem. Dynamically changing the store code every so often or something to confuse the scalper scripts
Its the API, they would have to have cloud river change the way they list the cards to ALL vendors and they don't care enough to do that for just 4 to 6 vendors.

Someone else with no clue about manufacturing and supply! What a dumb comment to make. So you think nVidea had many more cards available, but didn't put them out to sell?!?!? REALLY? Are you insane? Every single card in a box would have been out there. There is no reason, economic or otherwise, to hold back stock as you think. Or you think they could have made more to sell, but decided not to??? Did you actually read your post before posting it?

Wow you got really upset. You should read what I said once more and take a deep breath. I'm saying Nvidia could have had the stock if they wanted to wait another month. Last generation they gave there selves 2 months to make enough stock not 1 month. Even with that there was a slight supply issues with the 2xxx series.

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
I'm saying Nvidia could have had the stock if they wanted to wait another month.
Absolutely. I bet they could have waited 3 months, and stocked up three times the inventory, or six months, and stocked six times as much. In fact, if they'd just waited a full year, I'm sure there would have been no shortages whatsoever. What in the world were they thinking?

Absolutely. I bet they could have waited 3 months, and stocked up three times the inventory, or six months, and stocked six times as much. In fact, if they'd just waited a full year, I'm sure there would have been no shortages whatsoever. What in the world were they thinking?

LOL you guys are silly. Well they normally stock up more is what I was saying. They chose to give there selves 1/2 the time to build up stock than they have prior.