Nvidia DesignWorks VR, GameWorks VR Beta Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
Fact: every game Nvidia touches runs like crap; even on their own hardware!

Well 'Sir', I have just changed my crossfire 7970Ms, for sli 880M GTXs. And whilst the 3Dmark scores are little different (5 to 25%) the overall experience is night and day.

SLI wins hands down. So I don't see any truth to your comment. Oh, and I got PhysX now...

Troll on..

PS: I would still buy AMD again, just not in a MULTI-gpu setup.

for multi gpu that's about right. that's why i've always hesitate for people to go for crossfire setup vs SLI. true they can can have better scaling sometime even better frame times. but stability and consistency wise SLI is better across majority of games.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/09/28/asus_strix_radeon_r9_fury_dc3_crossfire_at_4k_review/11#.Vk_QfeIu2Uk

This is really the saddening part of the whole ordeal, how many issues we encountered with AMD CrossFire versus NVIDIA SLI. We had no issues at all with NVIDIA SLI in these six games, no stutter, everything worked and it was a smooth gaming experience. With AMD CrossFire we had issues in 3 out of 6 games played.

We strongly feel that ASUS STRIX Radeon R9 Fury DC3 CrossFire has the potential to offer better performance than GeForce GTX 980 SLI. The issue lies in software support for AMD CrossFire versus NVIDIA SLI. In one of the games we tested AMD CrossFire doesn't even work at all, in two others there was extreme stuttering and odd framerate behavior. This is half of our game suite that exhibited an issue with AMD CrossFire.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
Well it's certainly true of Fallout 4 and Arkham Knight if not every GameWorks title. Both run unnecessarily poorly even on high-end Nvidia hardware. Bafflingly, incompetently poorly. Fallout 4 looks like it could run on an Xbox 360 and still runs terribly.

Batman AK is not even gameworks problem. Game like BF4 also have it's problem. Some even said that every Dice game is never leave beta state. But you don't see people complaining about it because it is not Gameworks title.

Status
Not open for further replies.