News Nvidia Desktop RTX 3060 GPU Finally Tops Steam Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neilbob

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
It depresses me a bit that an overpriced potato of a GPU like the RTX 3050 can be ahead of pretty much all the Radeon ones combined. That model has always been a terrible value but aptly demonstrates how a ton of people will probably buy something just because of the name attached to it.

oofdragon

Honorable
Oct 14, 2017
It depresses me a bit that an overpriced potato of a GPU like the RTX 3050 can be ahead of pretty much all the Radeon ones combined. That model has always been a terrible value but aptly demonstrates how a ton of people will probably buy something just because of the name attached to it.
Apple

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
The RTX 3060 finally lives up to its predecessor, the GTX 1060, in popularity. It only took 3 years.
It's not an apples to apples comparison. Steam Hardware survey sometimes combines desktop and mobile versions of the same GPU together which they did for the 1060. For newer generations like the 3060, desktop and mobile have separate entries, both of which are in the top 6 currently. If you combine them, they surpassed the 1060 over a year ago.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
3050 is a popular choice with OEM's. Most of those cards on the survey were probably not bought at retail. It was also the cheapest RTX card through much of the mining boom. That helped as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.