Nvidia Driver is causing BSODs

Aug 3, 2018
Hello, I am using Windows 10 pro, recently I've got Nvidia GTX 1050ti Strix edition and randomly I am getting BSODs "video scheduler internal error" or "irql not less or equal" and today: "DPC watchdog violation". today I was not able to turn on my PC at all, no BSOD it gets to the Windows logo and the loading dots and after a while the dots are frozen and I have to restart it. I've turned it on in safe mod and uninstalled Nvidia driver and the PC is back on again... No idea how to fix it every single driver is updated to the latest version, my windows is updated as well.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550
System Model: P5Q-E
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Strix

Solution
Where are you getting the Nvidia driver from? there are two choices, Nvidia themselves or Windows update

have you used DDU to remove all traces of Nvidia before installing again? - http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

You getting your moineys worth running win 10 on that motherboard. I had a P5N32 SLI Plus, you wouldn't have any win 10 drivers for it. So I won't ask about that side.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Where are you getting the Nvidia driver from? there are two choices, Nvidia themselves or Windows update

have you used DDU to remove all traces of Nvidia before installing again? - http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

You getting your moineys worth running win 10 on that motherboard. I had a P5N32 SLI Plus, you wouldn't have any win 10 drivers for it. So I won't ask about that side.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Solution

Cosmin Ciulin

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2015
Had this problem myself for a few months.

Uninstall the current Nvidia Driver and manually download the Nvidia Driver 398.82. This should instantly fix your problem. Please note for a higher chance of successful results, reboot after uninstalling and reboot again after reinstalling the 398.82 driver.

Windows 10 (64-bit) (en-US): https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverresults.aspx/136673/en-us

If it isn't the correct driver for your system, just google search "Nvidia Driver 398.82 (operating system) (32-bit or 64-bit)"