Question Nvidia driver not compatible with windows version

MikeC24

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
hey everyone ive been trying to install the new driver (431.36) but it just doesnt work it says its not compatible with my windows version and on theyr website they recommedn the version i have i just installed windows yesterday my windows version is 1903
ive used ddu and fresh installed it but still doesnt work it keeps saying that the drivers are not compatible with this version of windows , if anyone could help i would be apreciated

edit: my gpu is the GTX 1080

Are you having a prebuilt OEM system ? Just make sure you are installing the GAME ready drivers/GRD, and not the Creator version/CRD. Also, there are 2 driver types, DCH and Standard. Which one did you install ?

By the way, DCH drivers cannot be installed over Standard Drivers, and Standard Drivers cannot be installed over DCH Drivers. The choice must be made after a cleaning via DDU.

To check which display driver type you need, right-click over the Windows desktop -> select NVIDIA Control Panel -> click on the System Information link on the bottom left hand corner of the NVIDIA Control Panel -> look at text that follows “Driver Type”. You should see one of the following : DCH or Standard, assuming you are able to install the drivers.

Just make sure you are installing the correct driver version as well, i.e 64-bit if using a 64-bit OS, and not 32-bit.

MikeC24

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
Are you having a prebuilt OEM system ? Just make sure you are installing the GAME ready drivers/GRD, and not the Creator version/CRD. Also, there are 2 driver types, DCH and Standard. Which one did you install ?

By the way, DCH drivers cannot be installed over Standard Drivers, and Standard Drivers cannot be installed over DCH Drivers. The choice must be made after a cleaning via DDU.

To check which display driver type you need, right-click over the Windows desktop -> select NVIDIA Control Panel -> click on the System Information link on the bottom left hand corner of the NVIDIA Control Panel -> look at text that follows “Driver Type”. You should see one of the following : DCH or Standard, assuming you are able to install the drivers.

Just make sure you are installing the correct driver version as well, i.e 64-bit if using a 64-bit OS, and not 32-bit.
Ive managed to install it by cleaning with ddu and boot with no internet connection for some reason it wouldnt install it if there was a connection to the internet , thanks for helping tho , love this forum people here are very helpfull :)