Nvidia Expanding for Intel Core i7

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Nvidia is furthering its support for Intel’s coming Core i7 processor line while it is preparing the announcement of its next generation of integrated graphics.
The announcement will back Nvidia’s efforts to expand offerings into Intel’s upcoming high-en

Nvidia Expanding for Intel Core i7 : Read more

Nvidia quitting the chipset business anyone? Thank god for this Intel/Nvidia deal, only chipsets i trust are Intels (although ATI/AMD's chipsets seem ok for AMD based systems)

On the other hand i will not pay a premium price for dual cards when i can get an ATI based rig and actually beat the performance on a near standard motherboard (depending on the PCIe lanes etc)

estreetguy

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
So let me get this straight - if Nvidia is now going to license SLI technology, native based, that means board manufacturers will now be able to offer SLI capable boards without the nForce 200 bridge chip, provided the boards are i7 platform.

Thats seriously cool IMO. Going to give AMD-ATI another run for their money. Maybe this is why Nvidia had no plans to release a new GPU in competition with ATI's latest. There is obviously some ground and dollars to be made here.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Sticking it out with the 790i ultra boards. I hope Nvidia later down the road at least gets a board out in the market. I for one do not trust or like Intel based boards.

G

I was an AMD / Nvidia fan boy. I swore i would never buy intel anything. My intel boards may not be the best over clockers, but by far the most stable. I have never been disappointed with Intel boards, but i have been disappointed with alot of different Nvidia based boards.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Years back VIA was the way to go for a stable, then they just completely tanked at one point when the early Athlon XP's came out (Athlon 1600-2000). I don't know what happened, since then though its been Intel chipsets for me and I cant complain, they're just plain stable.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Does this mean that Intel chipset will support both SLI and Crossfire natively now? It has been known for a while that only legal issues are preventing this from happening, look at the Skulltrail platform for example.

Anyways, good for Intel chipsets! It's nice to have more choices.

neodude007

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
I have had my 680i Nvidia board for a while. I have 2 8800GT cards overclocked and my E8400 overclocked near 4GHz... who says Nvidia boards are unstable? You need to stoofoo....cuz mine doesn't randomly crash sooooo I assume its um... stable?

[citation][nom]NeoDude007[/nom]I have had my 680i Nvidia board for a while. I have 2 8800GT cards overclocked and my E8400 overclocked near 4GHz... who says Nvidia boards are unstable? You need to stoofoo....cuz mine doesn't randomly crash sooooo I assume its um... stable?[/citation]

I think when people "hate intel boards" its either Intel branded Intel motherboards (stable, yet totally locked down oc wise mostly) or its because cheap a$$ companies like ECS/PCCHIPS/EliteGroup and MSI etc make such junk products - nvidia makes the high end boards them selves for a reason! (680/7x0 etc), but for total stability/compatibility etc Intel knows best and they should - they have been doing this wayyyyy longer then anyone else.

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Giovanni86[/nom]Sticking it out with the 790i ultra boards. I hope Nvidia later down the road at least gets a board out in the market. I for one do not trust or like Intel based boards.[/citation]
790I is not superior in any way...Intel and AMD make the best chipsets,hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.