Nvidia Forums Hacked, User Data Compromised

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ElMoIsEviL[/nom]I do, however, have driver issues with my nVIDIA cards. I'm not the only one..."Nvidia Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"Must be VERY familiar to nVIDIA users.[/citation]

That's odd, have gfx related issues with a rig with a single 7970 than the main with 2x680 in SLI that never have crashed. To me the nvidia drivers have been way more stable than the amd and i have been owning several cards from both brands over the years.

maqsabre

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
the Nvidia hack is a part of a slew of attacks in the last few months. the others include LinkedIn, eHarmony, Last.fm, Yahoo, Android Forums, Billabong, and Formspring,
the total number of users affected is around 10 million, so far

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]skaz[/nom]If someone from nvidia reads this. Thank you for encrypting your stored passwords =)Such a necessary precaution that not all companies do.[/citation]
Exactly! Nvidia did everything right; 1) The passwords were hashed and unlikely to be decrypted 2) But as a precaution changed everyone's passwords anyway. 3) They sent an e-mail out so we all would know.

I forgot I even had an account on Nvidia, which wouldn't really matter if it was compromised, but it's still nice to know Nvidia is doing what they should and telling everyone what happened, rather than letting them find out about it from the news *cough*Yahoo*cough*

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Maybe you need more points or more posts to post images.[/citation]

The point being is: HOW much more, before I can do it...oh well, anyway, thanks for answering and let's stop this (clearly off-topic) discussion right here.

I don't get that on my gaming rig and on the main rig it only happens when the TV card starts to play up.

No I just responded to a comment, the fight had started long before I got here.

gameover1993

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
[citation][nom]Schnitter[/nom]Nvidia, please teach some of your security skills to Sony.[/citation]
lol.. this not even possible

mamailo

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
LoL, Now I am happy to have subscribe with dispostable email adress.
Anywaw kudos to Nvidia for being responsible and quick at handling the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.