Nvidia GeForce Experience 3 Beta Over, Get Ready To Log In For Automatic Driver Updates

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memhorder

Distinguished

Yeah you can record Desktop but you have to enable it under the Privacy tab.

Got mine to install. Don't mind it. I Don't touch the optimizations but Shadow Play could be handy for desktop and games. Automatic Driver download is unchecked by default. No worries

I have Automatic Driver downloads ON, and it does exactly that: DOWNLOADS.
It doesn't install anything without your permission, it only downloads it and has it ready for when you want to press the "update" button.

I see a lot of nonsense complaining about trivial stuff here.

Memhorder

Distinguished
I'm not complaining but if Auto Downloads are on and your gaming online wouldn't your ping spike? I'd rather know when and how long it will download for, so I may plan around it. Again no complaints because it's off by default

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
All I really care about is the little tray notification that there is an update. That being said, in order to not update, just don't click anything on the NVIDIA Install//THE NEW GEFORCE EXPERIENCE screen, then right-click in the tray and "Open NVIDIA Geforce Experience" a second time and the good old interface where I can download my driver comes up. Also delete C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience\Update content, then set security on that folder so nothing can do anything to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.