Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 PCB Blueprint Leaked?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbeastofaaaaagh

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
So, is it safe to say, that this card is intended to be lower in the price/performance rung than the 460? I wonder how it will compare in the price/performance ratio with the 460, 470 and 480.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]shaun_shaun[/nom]some stupid AMD/ATI fans thumb down without reading any comment or any facts !!! just stupid !!![/citation]

I prefer ATI & AMD over intel & Nvidia - but I buy products from ALL four (Nvidia - that has been a while thou). With that said, there was nothing in your post that warranted a thumbs down. I hate that. You stated opinion and some facts to support it.

The GF460 is better than the 5830 and is just below the 5850... True things. Also, its easily within AMD's ability to sell the 5850 for $200 and STILL make more $$$ than Nvidia selling the GF460-1GB for $225. This is business 101.

I don't like Nvidia business of lies and failure. The 768mb version of the 460 is SO much slower - it should be a GF-455 or 450. But if you KNOW marketing, then it makes sense. Confuse your customers.

Typical Novice sees and hears reviews "GF-460 - great card for $230" Thats all they see. Are you or anyone else here specifying the memory versions? Its more than just memory since the clock rate is different and more de-activated units. So such people will see the $200 460 and not know they're getting screwed.

Nvidia has been doing this year after year. The GF-250 is a 9800GT is a 8800GT, etc.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS