Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics Card Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledhead11

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Thanks for the list. As a fan of the TI's I keep telling people if they're on the fence for a 1070/1080,looking at Ultra/100+fps @1080p/1440p, best to go with a TI and just save for the extra $ needed then sit & enjoy for a long while. On same games you can even get decent 4k performance. Awesome cards!

TadashiTG

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
Why does this "article" exists? Most items are out of stock too.
Please refrain from posting these type of useless "articles".

Xajel

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
RX 470/570/480/580 & GTX 1060/1070 are all over MSRP...

any one looking to buy one of these will have to wait a long time to catch the msrp.

JonDol

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015
@TadashiTG: One reason this article exists is because, as of today, the 1080 TIs are some of the best value graphic cards out there and that's also why they are mostly out of stock.

zippyzion

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Oh, that is all they cost? I think I have a spare lung here somewhere...

I place the TI cards in the "why bother" category. Sure, you'll have great frame rates at high resolution, but they go out of date just as quickly as the upper mid-range cards. As soon as the next DirectX comes out your card is obsolete. I rode my FX 5900 till it couldn't play games (as it sort of overheated and took out my motherboard in the process), then I rode my X1650 Pro till it died, then I rode my 8800 GTS till it died, then I rode my HD 4890 till it couldn't play new games, then I rode my R9 270X till it died, and I'm happy enough with my RX 470 now. The thing is that my high end cards went obsolete or died just as fast as my midrange cards and I wasn't unhappy with any of them. Spending $800 on a graphics card is pointless. Just get a 1070 or a 1080. Use the money you saved to get more games, or put it towards a VR headset.

FYI a lot of these GPUs are out of stock at NewEgg. But considering Vega 64s are going for over $700, choosing a GTX 1080 Ti is a no-brainer.

We know redgarl. You are unhappy with Nvidia and are moving on to Vega. We got the memo from you already. Many times. :ange:

That's not going to be changing any time soon either anymore than it will be for the RX 570/580 (and it's the 6GB GTX 1060 being hit, not the weaker 3GB variant). The only good thing about it is that it has pushed many to go ahead and get a GTX 1080 for just a little more. And those are in stock.

1) Have you priced the inferior RX 64? Hint: you can buy a far faster GTX 1080 Ti for the same price and often less.

2) You can't find GTX 1070s in stock, and when you do, they are priced near a GTX 1080.

3) The difference between a GTX 1070-1080 and GTX 1080 Ti can mean quite a bit to those running a 4K monitor or 144Hz 1440p G-sync monitor.

4) I'm still running a 4-year old GTX 680 SLI setup just fine on the latest DX12 games at 1080p and I know several still running a GTX 780 Ti.

zippyzion

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
@10Tacle

1) I didn't say anything about Vega. I'm a fan of the 56 if it sticks at its MSRP but other than that I have no further comment on it.

2) I just searched and Newegg has 1070s at around $440 in stock. That is still $60 less than the lowest price 1080 (which is the better value, but if you don't have the cash then you don't have the cash), and $280 less than the lowest price 1080 TI.

3) Must be nice to have money.

4) Do you still have the scar from where they took out your kidney?

LOL. The pain was greatly reduced selling my SLI GTX 970s to some Ethereum miner wannabe kid for $430, or about $65 more each than they were selling for on eBay three months ago before the GPU rush by miners. And I've worked long and hard for over 20 years moving up in the world and living below my means, so yes, it is nice to have money, kick the boots off a little, and be able to spend it before dying.

Remember when Nvidia said that the founder editions would be one of the more expensive versions and that AIB would have cheaper options available. And we all called BS, and they were like "No, no someone will make one cheaper cause ours is better than a base model." Clearly. BS was right.

Just because you can't pay that amount doesn't mean that people who can afford that shouldn't enjoy the benefits. I play at 4k, and right now I'm planning to buy a 1080ti. I have a 980ti, and before that I had a 780ti, and I will probably only buy the ti versions most of the time. Also, at least where I live, ti versions are a lot easier to sell than regular versions.

ledhead11

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Don't have the money to afford, well I get that. I remember what it was like to wait a year or more just to scrape $1000 together for upgrades. But remember the TI's are the fastest consumer cards on the planet. Across a wide spectrum they outperform just about anything other than specific professional solutions. Of course they're not going to be cheap. I will say that once you get into one, you'll not likely ever want to mess with another tier again. Stories like anbello262's are what finally convinced me and there's plenty of those out there with similar experiences. It was in between the 780TI's and 980TI's that I started paying attention to the many, many amazing reviews they got. These are not the buy now regret a year down the road cards. Each generation has a history of performing well for 2-4 years or more a shot.

In regards to AMD: I love what they've done with Ryzen, it's very cool. Reviews for Vega's are not bad but consistently point to the fact that their strengths tend to be very specific and not so much of a wide spectrum. If it does what you need great, if not, realize there's a different intended approach with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.