[SOLVED] Nvidia Geforce GTX 670 cannot detect hardware and install drivers

Aug 2, 2019
Hi,

I'm having issues with my system not being able to detect my ASUS GeForce GTX 670 graphics card.

I did a fresh install of windows OS 7 Pro 64 bit. Downloaded Driver Easy, and updated all drivers.

In device manager, under display adapters, I see "asus mirror driver", and "intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.

If I click on Graphics 4600, details and look up Hardware IDs

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0412&SUBSYS_85341043&REV_06
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0412&SUBSYS_85341043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0412&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0412&CC_0300

I checked online, tried DDU uninstaller reinstalled drivers, and Nvidia installer cannot continue due to not being able to find a compatible hardware. I'm not sure whats wrong, and editing the inf files seems to be really confusing and challenging. I'm kind of losing my mind here. This graphics card GTX 670 has worked in my PC for several years without any issues. I see the LED PCI green lights and two fans running on the graphics card.

I had my dual monitor setup from graphics card but since I'm unable to install nvidia drivers, I am using my MOBO onboard graphics card. MOBO is ASUS B85M-G with updated BIOS version 36.02 v3602.

What am I missing, I can't seem to get the drivers to install.

Anyone with knowledge and experience please chime in to help.

I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited:

lynx1021

Distinguished
Last edited:
Solution
Aug 2, 2019
Okay so I'll try answering all the questions below:

I've updated all drivers for my PC and nothing unknown is showing within the Device Manager.
I've had this system running for a few years without an issue, maybe about 6-7 years. Great productivity PC, used windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1. I upgraded RAM 32 GB from 16 GB and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro 64 bit so I can utilize all 32 GB as Windows has upper RAM limits.

My HDD out of the ordinary one morning decided to just go off on me, did not load to the windows screen and kept giving me a SMART message about hard drive bad and to replace. So I bought 2 SSD's and installed one of them but plan to set them both as dual boot systems running windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro. Hopefully I can resolve the graphics issue before hand and create a restore iso disk image.

Had the system running this configuration for 6-7 years on Win 7 64 bit SP1, then installed fresh copy of same OS on Western Digital HDD 1TB and the system worked flawlessly with Nvidia Drivers for about 2 weeks. During this time I upgraded to 32 GB but kept looking at my computer properties and it showed installed memory of 32 GB and usable 16 GB so i started searching around and found out I needed to upgrade to Win 7 Pro.

But during the two weeks, I remember entering the windows index performance section, and clicked on re-run assessment as my score was about a 6.1 average, and it showed up as grey. I decided to click on re run assessment and during that time a message appeared and mentioned the screen may flash and at that exact moment I lost both DVi signals from the GTX 670. So right now I'm using my MOBO on board graphics.

I've currently updated all necessary drivers using DriverHub one click install. Worked like a charm.
Also .NET framework 4 was installed yesterday.

I did some searching around and most people either use DDU uninstaller but for some reason I can't get it to install for windows 7 pro 64 bit. Also in C drive nvidia/display drivers/ select INF txt file and start coding with the hardware ID for display driver.

Either way it doesn't matter if I'm running Windows 7 home premium SP1 64 bit or Win 7 pro SP1 64 bit. The drivers are the same.

Thank you all.