[SOLVED] nvidia geforce gtx 760 msi twin frozr error 43

Kimber Ker

Commendable
May 13, 2020
While playing game, my screen turn black and froze. Now my GPU has an error code of 43. I tried uninstalling all my nvidia programs and installing a fresh one from the web but it does not work. I also tried changing the PCI port.

Is my GPU dead?

Motherboard: MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk
CPU: i5-10600 3.3GHZ
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Twin Frozr
RAM: 2 x GeIL Dragon RAM DDR4 2400MHz 8GB
Power Supply: SilverStone ET750

Solution
Hello, Im from Singapore. Im not looking into something too expensive or strong. Something that is good enough for games like dota will be great. Im currently using the SilverStone ET750 for my power supply.
Then one of the card listed above should be enough. They are all entry level but should play dota really well with a nice boost to your current setup. The 3050, for example, is on around the same level as a 1070, maybe a little better. There is also the RX6500, but... that's not a good card. Hmmm. I guess if you want to go cheaper, you could try to see if you can grab a GTX 1050Ti or 1650. They are below the ones listed above, but again, if your old card was sufficient for you, those will be, too. Plus, thwy should...

KyaraM

Admirable
A
what is your budget?
Also country would be helpful.

For the US, prices should look something like this according to PCPartsPicker:
RTX 3050 - ~315$
AMD RX 6600 - ~340$
AMD RX 6600XT - ~400$
RTX 3060 - ~ 490$ (not really worth it, worse than 6600XT)
You of course can go higher, but imho price increases disproportionately with performance, and id your current card was enough for you so far and you don't want anything too expensive, then something like a 3050 or 6600 might be your best bet. They will be noticeably better than your current card already. A refreshed 2060 (12GB instead of 6GB) might be an option, too, depending on pricing in your area.

If you are looking for a bigger power boost, please let us know your budget, area, and also PSU. Actually, the PSU might be usefjl right now already...

Kimber Ker

Commendable
May 13, 2020
A
Also country would be helpful.

For the US, prices should look something like this according to PCPartsPicker:
RTX 3050 - ~315$
AMD RX 6600 - ~340$
AMD RX 6600XT - ~400$
RTX 3060 - ~ 490$ (not really worth it, worse than 6600XT)
You of course can go higher, but imho price increases disproportionately with performance, and id your current card was enough for you so far and you don't want anything too expensive, then something like a 3050 or 6600 might be your best bet. They will be noticeably better than your current card already. A refreshed 2060 (12GB instead of 6GB) might be an option, too, depending on pricing in your area.

If you are looking for a bigger power boost, please let us know your budget, area, and also PSU. Actually, the PSU might be usefjl right now already...
Hello, Im from Singapore. Im not looking into something too expensive or strong. Something that is good enough for games like dota will be great. Im currently using the SilverStone ET750 for my power supply.

KyaraM

Admirable
Then one of the card listed above should be enough. They are all entry level but should play dota really well with a nice boost to your current setup. The 3050, for example, is on around the same level as a 1070, maybe a little better. There is also the RX6500, but... that's not a good card. Hmmm. I guess if you want to go cheaper, you could try to see if you can grab a GTX 1050Ti or 1650. They are below the ones listed above, but again, if your old card was sufficient for you, those will be, too. Plus, thwy should be cheaper. Not sure about availability, though, you would have to google that.

I'm not sure about your power supply. I found several listings for these PSUs in different tiers of the tier list... well, none of them is in D tier, so I guess for that system it should be fine. A bit over-sized, but fine.

Solution