Nvidia GeForce GTX 960: Maxwell In The Middle

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Blair

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
The most bogus set of benchmarks I have ever seen! It is now official! Reviewers are no longer reviewers! They are just paid off scumbags making things up! There is no way the 970 is beating the 290X in all benchmarks! I am not even a AMD fan, And even I know that is BS! Plus the placements of the 285 and 280x and the 760 and 770 are a bit weird! Bottom line is you would be stupid to replace a GTX 760 with much stronger memory performance for this piece of crap 960!

From day 1 most bench marks have shown the GTX 970 and the R9 290x neck and neck with the majority of wins on the GTX 970 side. So if you just noticed that where have you been? On the bright side AMD has dropped the price of the R9 290x from $100+ more then the GTX 970 on release to close what the GTX 970s go for. Prices drop on these GPUs is a win win for the consumer I hope they keep coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.