Nvidia Geforce Now Game Streaming Service For PC In Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valantar

Honorable
Nov 21, 2014
I got into this a week or so ago, tried it out on my desktop PC with a wired network connection, and it was absolute garbage. Tried playing Rocket League, but it was insanely stuttery (low/uneven FPS), laggy as all hell, and at times only registered about 1/3 of inputs. No thanks. The AMD-powered LiquidSky was in better shape last I tried it out.

Yeah, cloud-based game streaming services like this tend to not work all that well, unless perhaps one of their server farms happens to be right near where you live. Otherwise, the massive input lag makes any fast-paced games rather unpleasant to play. Even if the encoding of the video stream were near-instantaneous, you can't really get around the time it takes to transmit the data hundreds of miles across the Internet. And since they currently only have 7 server farms in the US, and 3 in Europe (one of which is offline for the next couple days) chances are you don't live near one.

danlw

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
If GPU prices keep their insane levels, this service might actually gain enough traction to warrant more local GPU streaming farms...

Jeffs0418

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
Near zero latency Quantum Entanglement communication can't come fast enough! Hopefully in my lifetime before my gaming hands are overcome by arthritis.

donnihonig

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017

Really excited for this! I've been on the waiting list for so long. Really want access already. @VALANTAR, when did you sign up?

I actually tested liquidsky, its great but quite expensive. Geforce now should be free until they get out of beta ( which will take awhile, the mac version has been in beta for over a year now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS