News Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Review: More Bandwidth, More Power, More Money

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Yes, and while we don't have absolute certainty on the timeline for this, the non-LHR 3080 and 3070 are being phased out and they'll be replaced by the LHR versions. I asked an Nvidia rep about this and was told that this is definitely happening, presumably sooner than later. (Not like there's any unsold inventory of non-LHR parts in the pipeline.) I believe the LHR stuff is all in the firmware or whatever, not in the actual GPU silicon itself, but that may be incorrect. I sort of wonder if the non-LHR variants of 3080/3090 cards are going to shoot up in pricing on eBay now.
Didn't Nvidia say there wasn't going to be an LHR version of the 3090? I can't see prices going up any higher, especially with the big drop in coin values recently. The market has already determined how much these cards should be worth based on projected mining returns. That math doesn't change if the cards EOL. Only an increase in prices of the currencies will increase card prices.

Didn't Nvidia say there wasn't going to be an LHR version of the 3090? I can't see prices going up any higher, especially with the big drop in coin values recently. The market has already determined how much these cards should be worth based on projected mining returns. That math doesn't change if the cards EOL. Only an increase in prices of the currencies will increase card prices.
Yeah, so far no 3090 LHR has been announced. Should have said 3070/3080 not 3080/3090 before.

HC1Gunner

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
The GeForce RTX 3070 Ti is what happens when you take the full GA104 chip and add GDDR6X memory. The added bandwidth boosts performance over the existing RTX 3070 by 9–11%. It's a reasonable upgrade but still represents the diminishing returns of moving up the product stack. Too bad it's likely to sell out.

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Review: More Bandwidth, More Power, More Money : Read more

Not worth the extra $$ for the limit performance gain, another paper launch as you won't be able to get ur hands on one, as the majority of cards are being shipped to OEM system builders. Then what little makes it to retail will be snatch by Bots, and end up on sites @ 3x their MSRP.

TRENDING THREADS