News Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Ti: Where to Buy

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Went to my local Microcenter yesterday. The shelves were filled with 4070tis. Salesman said they're not moving at
Pics or it didn't happen! ;-)

If my local Micro Center wasn't an hour away, I'd probably drop by just to hear it direct from the horses mouth.
But I wouldn't be shocked if they're not moving fast. $800 units are probably sold out, leaving a bunch of $900-$1000 models.

As to the 4070 Ti being slower than a 3080 10GB? I didn't see anything where that happened in the 15 games I tested. It might happen in a few cases, but they're going to be outliers. Full test suite showing 3090 Ti, 3080 Ti, and 3080 10GB against the 4070 Ti:

So in Flight Simulator, at CPU limited resolutions (1080p), it was slightly slower — better driver optimizations for RTX 30-series most likely, or just only having to deal with 10GB maybe? Whatever, it's not meaningful. Against the faster 3080 Ti, it still only lost by a few percent in Control (at 4K), Horizon Zero Dawn (also at 4K), and Metro Exodus Enhanced (at 1080p Medium). That's 60 individual tests, and three instances where the 4070 Ti didn't beat the 3080 Ti. The 3090 Ti meanwhile was mostly faster, with only Forza Horizon 5 clearly favoring the 4070 Ti. But the 3090 Ti tends to be about 10% faster than a 3090, which puts the 4070 Ti on equal footing (maybe a 2-4% lead) over the 3090.

Reactions: AgentBirdnest

randyh121

Prominent
Jan 3, 2023
So no, I don´t expect orices to come down, I expect them to release weaker GPUs to answer the price problem. Anything to keep margins high!
I wish I could argue with you and say thats not going to happen but I know you are probably right and its the sad truth of these price gouging bastards

InvalidError

Titan
I wish I could argue with you and say thats not going to happen but I know you are probably right and its the sad truth of these price gouging bastards
After the RTX3050 which is still holding up at its ludicrously high price and the poor excuse for a $200 GPU that was the RX6500, there certainly is cause to be skeptical of whatever may come up as an "entry-level gaming card" next. I jokingly posted about getting ready for a $500 RTX4050 but seeing the product stack so far, it may be uncomfortably close to accurate.

After the RTX3050 which is still holding up at its ludicrously high price and the poor excuse for a $200 GPU that was the RX6500, there certainly is cause to be skeptical of whatever may come up as an "entry-level gaming card" next. I jokingly posted about getting ready for a $500 RTX4050 but seeing the product stack so far, it may be uncomfortably close to accurate.
Nah...

4070 Ti @$800
4070 @ $650
4060 Ti @$500
4060 @ $400
4050 @ $330

Just move everything up a pricing tier (or a bit extra in some cases). But of course it also depends greatly on what the various GPUs have to offer. AD107 with a 96-bit interface will be terrible in 2023. 6GB VRAM with 24MB of L2 might perform somewhat okay, but I'll be surprised if it can still clearly surpass an RTX 2060 without resorting to DLSS 3.

InvalidError

Titan
AD107 with a 96-bit interface will be terrible in 2023. 6GB VRAM with 24MB of L2 might perform somewhat okay, but I'll be surprised if it can still clearly surpass an RTX 2060 without resorting to DLSS 3.
Can you really afford to mortgage memory space and bandwidth to run DLSS2/3 on top of everything else on 96bits/6GB? It would be quite the crappy development if Nvidia started touting its faked frames scores to make its heavily neutered new generation look better against previous generation products.

Can you really afford to mortgage memory space and bandwidth to run DLSS2/3 on top of everything else on 96bits/6GB? It would be quite the crappy development if Nvidia started touting its faked frames scores to make its heavily neutered new generation look better against previous generation products.
"Started touting?" Have you not seen every RTX 40-series launch where Nvidia says stupid stuff like "1.8X faster than RTX 3090 Ti (with DLSS 3 enabled)." That was the 4070 Ti. Take out DLSS 3 and it's provably slower overall than the 3090 Ti. So yeah, I think we're going to see more DLSS 3 Frame Generation BS on every 40-series launch. The only potential good aspect is that FG doesn't need any more memory bandwidth, I don't think. It's an AI component that runs separately from all the other stuff, so if you're seeing 40-ish FPS on a future RTX 4050, FG will probably come close to doubling that. But it will still feel like 40 FPS, even if it looks more like 60 FPS.

KyaraM

Admirable
Lower the price to something reasonable, stop being greedy NVIDIA and maybe people will care again.
AMD is just as bad. 100 bucks more for, like, 10FPS gain in most games not considering RT? LMFAO. That's not even close to worth it. That difference is the same in retail where I live, with the 4070Ti going for 890€ and the 6900XT for 990€ up. It's even worse with the 4080 and 7900XTX, which are the same price at around 1400€. Both companies are utterly ridiculous with their pricing, none is in any way better than the other.

Pics or it didn't happen! ;-)

If my local Micro Center wasn't an hour away, I'd probably drop by just to hear it direct from the horses mouth.
But I wouldn't be shocked if they're not moving fast. $800 units are probably sold out, leaving a bunch of $900-$1000 models.

As to the 4070 Ti being slower than a 3080 10GB? I didn't see anything where that happened in the 15 games I tested. It might happen in a few cases, but they're going to be outliers. Full test suite showing 3090 Ti, 3080 Ti, and 3080 10GB against the 4070 Ti:
View attachment 179

So in Flight Simulator, at CPU limited resolutions (1080p), it was slightly slower — better driver optimizations for RTX 30-series most likely, or just only having to deal with 10GB maybe? Whatever, it's not meaningful. Against the faster 3080 Ti, it still only lost by a few percent in Control (at 4K), Horizon Zero Dawn (also at 4K), and Metro Exodus Enhanced (at 1080p Medium). That's 60 individual tests, and three instances where the 4070 Ti didn't beat the 3080 Ti. The 3090 Ti meanwhile was mostly faster, with only Forza Horizon 5 clearly favoring the 4070 Ti. But the 3090 Ti tends to be about 10% faster than a 3090, which puts the 4070 Ti on equal footing (maybe a 2-4% lead) over the 3090.

You know you can get on their site and see what inventory that particular store has. I know when I look at my local Microcenter’s site they show up like they have a lot of them, even at 799. So I’d guess they aren’t moving too well.

AgentBirdnest

Respectable
Jun 8, 2022
They aren't even selling out on Newegg, aside from a couple of models. And those couple are available on Amazon or BH for MSRP.
55 listing on eBay, and only 14 sold (almost all of them at MSRP.)
My local Best Buy is out of the MSI Gaming X, but the other 4 models they carry are in stock.
There doesn't seem to be much demand at all. Good news for me as I'm saving up for one.

Reactions: Why_Me