Question Nvidia GPU causing all games to crash constantly

thewoody

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
As of the last week or less i have suddenly been having constant crashes in numerous games non-stop. This is in Apex Legends, CSGO and EFT, with the latter crashing within minutes or less of being in a raid. The weird thing is, the performance of the games are perfectly normal and my hardware is not reaching 100% use and crashing as i have monitored it. I am 99% sure it has something to do with my GPU.

I have now opened up windows reliability monitor and can see the error when EFT crashes. It states that 'A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.' The Error is 'LiveKernelEvent' 141.

I am currently about to use DDU to clean all my display divers, but i have a feeling my GPU is just faulty

Any help appreciated

thewoody

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
cpu/gpu temp during the game?

Windows 10 64 bit
i5 9600k (NOT OC'd)
16gb corsair vengeance lps ddr4 3200mhz
Corsair hydro series h100x 240mm liquid cpu cooler
Gigabyte 2070 super OC 8gb
ASUS Prime z390-a motherboard
corsair 650W 80 plus gold certified PSU

Can get exact temps soon but i have looked at them and there was 0 concern, just didn't write down the temps

Rig is new as of November and was running smoothly until now. Since i opened this thread i have plugged in my old GPU and the crashes have stopped... safe to say there is a fault with the 2070?

Thanks