Question Nvidia GPU (GTX 1060 6gb) not detected by system

Jan 18, 2023
Around about a week ago I purchased a new laptop (Microsoft Surface Book 2). Upon opening the laptop, I straight away installed GeForce experience and downloaded the new game ready drivers for my GTX 1060 6gb dedicated gpu. However halfway through installation I accidentally closed down geforce experience and when I rebooted my laptop, I found that my dedicated 1060 gpu was not detected in task manager so I went over to device manager and my gpu was not listed under display adapters only my integrated Intel graphics. I checked the box saying display hidden items and sure enough my nvidia gpu showed up under display adapter greyed out. So, I right clicked it and uninstalled the drivers and restarted my laptop. But now It doesn't show up anywhere in device manger, nothing with a yellow mark next to it in other devices or PCI slots in system devices. And GeForce experience won't detect my gpu and when I try to install drivers manually from Nvidia site, I get error saying driver not compatible with this version of windows.

My laptop is 64 bit Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2

OS build: 22621.1105

Windows update does not prompt to reinstall driver when I check for updates and drivers are not automatically installed when I restart the computer. I have no system restore points before the incident as well.

I have been thoroughly searching through many forums and yt videos to find solutions, but nothing is working, and it is really disappointing since it is a brand-new laptop. I even tried "Reset this PC" and gpu is still not detected. Any help would be most greatly appreciated.

Jan 18, 2023
I resolved the issue at this link:

Surface Book not detecting NVIDIA Graphics Card (thewindowsclub.com)

The issue was fixed by removing the screen from the keyboard and refreshing device manger then reattaching it and refreshing again and "3D video controller" showed up under "other devices". I then restarted my computer and now installing my drivers works and doesnt show error. It seems its a common error with microsoft surface devices.