Question NVIDIA GPU Wont display output or act as main GPU

May 6, 2020
Hi, so i have a gtx 1070, its drivers have been updated to the latest, however it wont display an output, and in task manager it is at 0% performance (sometimes peaking to 3% when opening and closing my browser). My 1070 displays in device manager, and when i hooked my GPU upto another HDD, it automatically installed nvidia control panel.

Also, display settings shows 2 monitors, my gpu is hooked upto my monitor through HDMI, it has worked on this monitor in the past, i have tried different monitors and different HDMI cables, i have a VGA cable being delivered on sunday to see if that works.

A thing to note, the fans were working today, however after using a new HDD and installing the latest drivers, the fans on my GPU are not spinning anymore, video games are also using integrated graphics, not my Nvidia GPU.

Imgur image of my task manager

May 6, 2020
connect monitor to the gpu?

multiple monitor setup? unplug all other monitor

check power cable to the gpu?
Yeah i have my monitor connected, i have unconnected my second monitor which is connect to the CPU and i get a black screen still, and the PCIE cable is connected, i have also tried using my second PCIE cable but the same result

May 6, 2020
After weeks of looking, i have fixed my main issue, my PC was on medium performance mode, so it was defaulting games to use my IGPU, i changed it to max and it works, however there is still no output from my GPU HDMI cable, maybe the port is broken? But it recognises my monitor in display settings