Question Nvidia graphics card 750 ti SC major problems

Jan 29, 2020
Okay so I used to have a regular desktop that was a Dell Inspiron? And how about this Nvidia graphics card 750 ti for that computer will have recently upgraded to a ASRock mini-itx j3455b. Whenever I would install the graphics card it would completely freeze up and go back to the onboard Intel graphics. well I thought that it might not have been compatible with a mini ITX board so I bought a Asus h110m - c / CSM and I'm getting the same issue. Won't install nvidia experience. Won't install any drivers. It just says not compatible with this version of Windows. But I'm running the same version of Windows that I was when I took it out of my dell. Windows 10 pro. Any help in finding a remedy for this issue would be great.

System info

Logisys 500 w psu
Currently running- msi gt710 GPU
Needing to run- Nvidia gtx GeForce gtx 750 ti
Intel I5 7600k
Asus motherboard h110m - c/ CSM
1 ballistixs 16 gigs memory
64 gig SSD
500 gig HDD

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Logisys 500 w psu
That is not something that inspires confidence when upgrading. How old is the PSU?

You also should've looked at a non K suffix processor for that board since the board will not allow you to overclock. On that note, Intel don't make an i5-7900K. Are you sure you're working with a 7th gen processor from Intel? Latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Might want to see if your OS is pending any updates. We're currently on 1909 for Windows 10.

Jan 29, 2020
Thanks for the reply lutfij. And I'm sorry. Corrects are made - Intel i5 7600k is my processor. And my psu is only a substitute as my other was borrowed and not returned. So the 500w logisys is the best I have right now. BUT I didnt realize that you couldn't overclock the Asus h110m-c. That's new information to me as I was misinformed by a salesman. So thank you lutfij.

On the other hand... My whole build is almost completely new. Bought everything new except the case and the psu.. Is there a reason my gpu isn't working?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hard to say with a junk PSU in the mix. Replacing it might not fix the issue, but it would at least eliminate it so that we could find the problem if it's not the PSU. That's the problem sticking junk PSUs in the PC; they're the first suspect in so many problems that the first step of troubleshooting is to send it to the recycling center.

Jan 29, 2020
Is that really something that could keep the GPU from working? I mean the fans come on... Just can't install specific drivers for it. I mean I have seen it work on a system that only had a 400 w psu... So I feel like it's sufficient power to at least be recognized by windows?

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
750ti will work even with a 300W . I haven't seen that many 750Tis with 6-PINs. If that 710 works fine with the PSU you have right now I think there should be something wrong with that 750Ti. But anyway make sure before you return it or doing something like that

Normally, yeah, but this PSU is so low quality that all bets are off.

OP, while the problems isn't definitely the PSU, one of the problems with garbage PSUs is that they're the first suspect in most problems, so the first time something goes wrong with a garbage PSU, you're going to need to replace it anyway.

Normally, yeah, but this PSU is so low quality that all bets are off.

OP, while the problems isn't definitely the PSU, one of the problems with garbage PSUs is that they're the first suspect in most problems, so the first time something goes wrong with a garbage PSU, you're going to need to replace it anyway.
So true, there was a time that I was using Chinese used PSU (mainly because they are extremely cheap) so one day one of em stopped working and end up killing my CPU+MB never able get those components to work after that. that was the last time I went that road. now I also make sure to go to best PSU+Large PC CASE (Bottom mount external intake) no matter what size/component I have.