nvidia gsync compatible?

valrog

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
So I have the Samsung cfg70 27inch curved monitor. I know its not in the list (or from what i saw) of "gsync compatible" monitors. But since theres still an option to turn it on, I just have a couple of questions.

- when i turn it on im getting a very bad lag not sure what the actual term is but lets i'll swipe right to look right and it its laggy? its like .5sec-1sec delay.

-but ive noticed its not everytime. sometimes i'll turn it off then maybe the next day i'll turn my pc on again and enable the settings see how it is and it works perfectly. no input lag or whatsoever.

-so im trying to figure out if this is a driver issue or in my end (if my monitor is just bad or are there even drivers for monitors?)

oh specs: ryzen 7 1700@ 3.95 / 1080ti / 16gb 3200mhz ram.

edit: I have freesync turned on in my monitor settings too*

Dec 31, 2018
Can you be more specific about what game and what settings you’re using? I’m not entirely sure why you’re getting input lag but look to see if an option called “V-Sync” is on. If it is, turn it off and your problem should be fixed. Also, Nvidia only has certain monitors that support G-Sync and therefore this monitor cannot support it. Are you sure it’s not FreeSync because Nvidia cards now support FreeSync.

valrog

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012

well before it used to be on league of legends/overwatch/pubg (sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt) vsync is off ingame.

recently only game i been playing is apex legends (it has never worked for apex legends) vsync off aswell. ive tried putting it on double buffer/triple/adaptive/ 1/2 adaptive just to see what it would do. and yeah it just doesnt work.

Although i have not tried it recently on other games since i dont really game much now and when i do its only apex legends at the moment so i guess i'll check it out after work and see if its only that specific game or for all games.

Dec 31, 2018
It may just be a crappy monitor. I’ll let someone else answer this because I’m not sure what to do at this point, but consider talking to the company that sold it to you (if it’s fairly new). Also, try turning G-Sync off since that monitor doesn’t support it and see if that fixes it. Try using the FreeSync option on that monitor since I’m pretty sure it has FreeSync.